All ready available for pre-purchase on Steam

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Chocobodude3

So correct me if I am wrong but Bethesda Studio games usually hit their target release date and not delay it. So is their a chance that it will come out this year?

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I mean, there's absolutely a chance, and I would hope they have their ducks in a row such that they don't miss a date that's so soon. Don't know that it's accurate to say that BethSoft games usually hit their target, I know Oblivion at least was delayed quite a bit...I think it was supposed to launch with the 360, got delayed to March 2006. I think Skyrim hit its date (durr, 11-11-11), dunno about Fallout 3.

All that to say: there's no reason to think a game won't be delayed - and especially given BethSoft's janky track record, I'd almost welcome it.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pre-orders being up as soon as the game is announced (without even an official release date announced) is super gross.

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one curator recommendation on that page is pretty funny.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No surprises there.

But we know nothing of the game yet. I already think preorders are silly but this is even sillier

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: Is it though? I'm with you on the "PREORDER NOW TO RECEIVE BLEURGH" being an unsightly lump on the industry, but I sure appreciate being able to fire-and-forget on games I know I'm going to get anyway. Steam's weird because it charges you right away, but I often appreciate the convenience - especially if it lets you pre-load.

jtmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be shocked if this wasn't announced for this year. We've known it extsts, albeit with a wink and a nod, for what seems like years now. Why would they announce it now if it wasn't at least targeted for 2015? I'm betting before thanksgiving.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd say it's definitely coming out this year.

@bradbrains Yeah but it's a Bethesda game. It's probably just gonna be that again but better. That's probably all we need to know, and considering Bethesda's past records before release, that's probably all we're going to know before it releases.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would've been in development once Skyrim had all been set and released so you're looking at 4~ years of development time. Skyrim also only had a 1 year marketing cycle it was announced December 2010 and released November 2011. I'd be willing to bet you'd either see Fallout 4 in Nov/Dec this year or very early next year.

It's a luxury afforded to Bethesda because no matter what they do their products fly off the shelves.

hangedtoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know on the Gamestop website when it first went up, they were showing a release date of October 23 of this year, It's since changed but who knows?

Schmollian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The release date will most likely be one of the big things announced at e3, so we will find out soon!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Pre-orders being up as soon as the game is announced (without even an official release date announced) is super gross.

How is that "super gross"? It's a completely unoffensive practice that exists for retailers to show people, "Hey, you can buy this thing you are excited for here".

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@ssully said:
@rafaelfc said:

How is that "super gross"? It's a completely unoffensive practice that exists for retailers to show people, "Hey, you can buy this thing you are excited for here".

Can't people also refund that pre-order now if it's within time frame of when they purchased it? I don't see any issue with this as well except for maybe the fact that towards release there might be some sort of better deal on game w/ season pass.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully said:
@rafaelfc said:

Can't people also refund that pre-order now if it's within time frame of when they purchased it? I don't see any issue with this as well except for maybe the fact that towards release there might be some sort of better deal on game w/ season pass.

That last issue you mention once again isn't an issue. That is a common trend in retail that doesn't hurt anyone, because if a better deal comes out near release, then the customer can cancel their preorder and go with the better deal.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought ten.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm curious how many of the "preorders are dumb" crowd stop thinking preorders are so dumb when one of their favorite franchises comes back...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Man, I wish the big reveal is that it would be out the day of Bethesdas conference but I know that's most definitely a dream. Just saying it would be super cool if that happened.... But I wouldn't be surprised to see it released later this year and like many I hope it does! I would really rather not wait any longer than I have to for this game

eternalshades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the curator comment that was served up on the store page:

Recommended By Curators

"I don't see what the big deal is about recommending a game that only has one non-gameplay trailer and several screenshots and no other information."

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mellotronrules

@bradbrains said:

No surprises there.

yep. taking preorders is indicative of NOTHING aside from intent to release a product named fallout 4.

pro tip: a $59.99 preorder on a all-digital platform with no bonuses is neither worth your time nor money.

also- part of their store copy reads "Coming soon: TBD" which is both conceptually nebulous and syntactically awkward. so don't reward that AT THE VERY LEAST.