FFXIV Tutorial Steam?

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

I'm considering launching a campaign of streams to try and help teach and inform players about the game. I don't have a monetized stream and I hope this doesn't count as advertising!

The idea came from randomly hopping around the Life With PlayStation app and seeing how many PS4 players are struggling to learn the game. I would love to help with interface stuff, hotbars, optimal PS4 controls, and game-specific stuff like how to play certain classes, beat certain content, etc. Of course, I can also help PC players. I'm also down to just chat with people about the game. Would any of you guys be interested?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Wemibelle

While I'm not sure how necessary most of that information would be (saying this as both a veteran of FFXIV and of MMOs in general, though), tutorials on the VERY poorly-explained controller controls would probably be useful.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how necessary it would be either. That's part of why I'm sort of gauging people's interest. On one hand, info is info, but on the other, not everyone is actively thinking "I could probably try to learn more about this game." I browsed the FFXIV Twitch streams and most of the level 50 players were using the default HUD. Jee. Zus.

Skeksis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It might be more useful in a couple months when the expansion launches. If that brings some new people in.

But heck, if its fun for you do it. Never hurts to have more helpful resources out there.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think info like that could be useful, but I'm not sure if you would be able to effectively reach the people who might need it. Maybe it's just me (probably), but when I was learning about the game I didn't even consider going to Twitch for that info.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan to target new players only. There are lots of level 50 people out there with questions about unlocking things, gear itemization, how to do certain fights, macros, etc. And I appreciate the encouragement. That's a good way to look at it.