When in 2016 will Final Fantasy XV launch?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Edited By RainVillain

Poll When in 2016 will Final Fantasy XV launch? (71 votes)

January 0%
February 0%
March 0%
April 0%
May 1%
June 6%
July 0%
August 10%
September 17%
October 13%
November 8%
December 3%
2017 and beyond..! 31%
NEVER!!! 11%

With Final Fantasy XV nowCONFIRMEDfor a 2016 release, I thought now would be a good time to start guessing as to when it'll come out. I'm curious to see what you think.

With the next Active Time Report happening at the Taipei Game Show and then the release data announcement in March, we won't have to wait too much longer.

Personally, I think it comes out in June. What about you?

• 
GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They had that poll about putting it up against Persona 5, which doesn't have a release date in the US (but I think is "Summer" in Japan?). Wonder how that shook out.

Personally, I think it's going to take the MGSV spot and come out in early September. Something about that feels right.

PhantasmMask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm putting my money on August, just a little past Madden territory but before all the major November releases.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Until I see it available to buy I still won't believe any so called confirmed release time table for the game. We are talking about a game that was announced 10 years ago as a ps3 exclusive.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Retailer-"rumors" of June, but isn't that an unusual off-season time to launch anything? June's E3 and quite possibly the launch of PSVR. I better take some days off of not having a job.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summer. They made it pretty clear with P5 related poll. To be exact i'd say very early September for NA.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Well, this is Squeenix we're talking about here, so that leaves limited possibilities all based upon the stupidest business decisions you could possibly make.

Possibility 1: We get to March and they announce that the game has been delayed another year, but that they'll be packaging in a new demo version of FFXV entitled Episode Duscae Cystallius Ad Hominem Fabilus Latine Ridiculum in with Persona V.

Possibility 2: They're so confident in their product that they decide to release it against the next Call of Duty game. They promptly get crushed.

Possibility 3: The customer poll they ran was so close that they just can't decide whether to release Persona V or Final Fantasy first, so they decide to release them at the same time, crippling the sales of both games.

So basically, the two universes that exist are that it either doesn't come out this year, or it comes out this year during the worst release window imaginable.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

October 17th

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

October 17th

I was going to say October because 12 was released in the same month. The date is reasonable. Away from the November releases; it has breathing room.