Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Atari 2600

Platform »

The Atari 2600 is one of the first home game consoles, and one of the most successful at the time. Though it could be seen as the Grandfather of Consoles, it was also nearly the Grim Reaper, contributing to the industry collapse years later.

2600 Games

Avatar image for lucassothegreat
    LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LucassoTheGreat

In February I got a 2600 and although I have quite a few games (maybe fifteen or so), I'm looking for some more games to buy. As I'm in my mid/early teens, I can't remember any of these games because, of course, I wasn't born. Any suggestions?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Well what do you have now?

But, this is my theory, the classic arcade games are pretty okay and very replayable. So if you don't have Asteroids, Bezerk, Defender, Jr./Ms Pac-Man, Millipede, Missile Command, Space Invaders, or Super Breakout get those. My other favs from the 2600 were River Raid, Star Master, Robot Tank Pitfall, and Pitfall 2.

I was just a kid so I never had many games for my 2600, but in retrospect the ones that held up for replayability are the arcade classics, they look disappointing but they play fairly well. Some of the more complex games while they look better are really rather simplistic, like Star Master or Robot Tank I played a lot of as a kid, but really they were not very diverse in gameplay.

There are likely some other good games, but I never played them because I could not afford them.

singular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By singular

If you don't have Cosmic Space Ark, get that one as well.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

E.T.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By ShaggE
    Avatar image for lucassothegreat
    LucassoTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By LucassoTheGreat

So I have Missile Command, Star Master, Empire Strikes Back, Haunted House, Frogger, Pac Man, Warlords, Sword Quest, Pitfall, Atlantis, Defender, Basketball, Combat, Star Raiders, Q*Bert, Demon Attack, and maybe a few more. How much do you think it'd cost for the average game on the interweb?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.