a tip for Jeff's Keyboard Adventure

Dragonmoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dragonmoony

Since Jeff said he was considering getting into mechanical keyboards and that he preferred split keyboards, I thought of him when I came across this:

(note, it is a hot-swappable mechanical keyboard where you put your own switches and keycaps on; the keycaps on the photo are just an example)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I would pair it with a separate numpad

ComradePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ComradePenguin
Dragonmoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Do you have experience with ones like in that photo? The curve seems too extreme for me (the direction of the keys would differ too much I imagine, making you hit them from wrong angles accidentally)

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinc is the best choice, really. Quefrency is decent too, but Sinc to me is the coolest "regular keyboard but split" type of keyboard. Rotary encoders, a built-in macro pad. So friggin cool.

Also, I think Jeff specifically said he's thinking of getting into keebs, so pre-built keyboards like Dygma Raise and Ergodox aren't really in that deal. But even then, you can get Sinc pre-built too. But heck, there are lots of cool different split keebs that will help you be positively insufferable when you gush about them to anyone and everyone ;).