Back to Paradise...(and some other stuff too!)

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By kilzombie

I bought burnout paradise again this week, this time off the PSN store, because it was only 19.99 and if I'd bought it at the store it would've been way more expensive. So after a 3.2 gig download, and a 300mb update(a total of 3 days of downloading stuff) I finally installed and played the game. Since my old save was from the EU version of the game, and this was the US version, my save data wasn't recognized, which sucks because I've just recently started a new save for the trophies. Its a shame to have to restart the game for the 3rd time, but it's no problem now, I'm blazing through the game now and I'm pretty close to getting my "A" class liscence. What was pretty cool is that on one of the stunt runs(I suck at them, especially the later ones, but I'm trying to practice them more) I got a 62,000 X 20 multiplier, and I ended up getting over a million points, and I got the "millionaire's club" acheivment, though there wasn't a trophy for that, which is odd, i think, though I might have gotten it before, I'm pretty sure I haven't, because I avoided stunt runs at all costs when I first played the game. My brother has also started to play burnout paradise aswell, and he hasn't really played any videogames since the days of the N64.
Oh and last week when I went to get Killzone, turns out they were selling the EU version only, and the guy at the store told me they'd have the US version by tomorrow, so I'll be getting it tomorrow hopefully, so much for getting it before everyone else XD.
I got Noby Noby Boy aswell last week, and this game is fucking demented, but at the same time strangely intriguing, you at the very least have to play it to know what I mean, just watching videos just makes you confused, though the game is just that, confusingly weird but kinda fun at the same time. It's entertaining. I tried the HAWX demo aswell, and it seems cool, I only played it for about 5 minutes, and though it does seem fun, it's not a game I see myself playing for hours on end, I don't even think I'd buy it. I managed to play the second level of the RE5 demo, the shanty town level, and I'd say that I had an easier time with the controls, though that chainsaw guy was fucking hard to kill, I mean, if I can't run that fast, and can't run while in aim mode, how do you expect me to be able to keep my partner alive, keep myself alive, fight off a horde of zombies, and keep track of how much ammo I have, all while having to constantly run away from the chainsaw dude? Anyway, enough of RE5, lets move on.
I also saw Brad's interveiw with the producer of Dante's Inferno, now I just barely remember hearing it's announcement at last years E3-or was it some other show?-and from watching the trailer and seeing the interveiw, I'm kindof interested in the premise, now I've never heard of the Divine Comedy, and I want to find out more about it, the game seems interesting, though I'd like to see some gameplay footage soon, and not some fancy CGI trailer.
I think that's all I got on my mind right now, I'll post again once I get Killzone and have some impressions. Until then, bye!

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kilzombie

I bought burnout paradise again this week, this time off the PSN store, because it was only 19.99 and if I'd bought it at the store it would've been way more expensive. So after a 3.2 gig download, and a 300mb update(a total of 3 days of downloading stuff) I finally installed and played the game. Since my old save was from the EU version of the game, and this was the US version, my save data wasn't recognized, which sucks because I've just recently started a new save for the trophies. Its a shame to have to restart the game for the 3rd time, but it's no problem now, I'm blazing through the game now and I'm pretty close to getting my "A" class liscence. What was pretty cool is that on one of the stunt runs(I suck at them, especially the later ones, but I'm trying to practice them more) I got a 62,000 X 20 multiplier, and I ended up getting over a million points, and I got the "millionaire's club" acheivment, though there wasn't a trophy for that, which is odd, i think, though I might have gotten it before, I'm pretty sure I haven't, because I avoided stunt runs at all costs when I first played the game. My brother has also started to play burnout paradise aswell, and he hasn't really played any videogames since the days of the N64.
Oh and last week when I went to get Killzone, turns out they were selling the EU version only, and the guy at the store told me they'd have the US version by tomorrow, so I'll be getting it tomorrow hopefully, so much for getting it before everyone else XD.
I got Noby Noby Boy aswell last week, and this game is fucking demented, but at the same time strangely intriguing, you at the very least have to play it to know what I mean, just watching videos just makes you confused, though the game is just that, confusingly weird but kinda fun at the same time. It's entertaining. I tried the HAWX demo aswell, and it seems cool, I only played it for about 5 minutes, and though it does seem fun, it's not a game I see myself playing for hours on end, I don't even think I'd buy it. I managed to play the second level of the RE5 demo, the shanty town level, and I'd say that I had an easier time with the controls, though that chainsaw guy was fucking hard to kill, I mean, if I can't run that fast, and can't run while in aim mode, how do you expect me to be able to keep my partner alive, keep myself alive, fight off a horde of zombies, and keep track of how much ammo I have, all while having to constantly run away from the chainsaw dude? Anyway, enough of RE5, lets move on.
I also saw Brad's interveiw with the producer of Dante's Inferno, now I just barely remember hearing it's announcement at last years E3-or was it some other show?-and from watching the trailer and seeing the interveiw, I'm kindof interested in the premise, now I've never heard of the Divine Comedy, and I want to find out more about it, the game seems interesting, though I'd like to see some gameplay footage soon, and not some fancy CGI trailer.
I think that's all I got on my mind right now, I'll post again once I get Killzone and have some impressions. Until then, bye!

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xandurson

Glad you're having fun with some games. I have read the Divine Comedy and I liked it but I don't think this game will be that good. It's just gonna be a God of War rip-off.

temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By temperedvortex

I can't wait for RE5 and I still have to play the Killzone 2 demo, but I think i will rent it.