COD Cold War Xbox Series X crashing?

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all! Just curious if anybody on the Series X is experiencing any crashing?

I want to do the campaign but I’m nervous to brick my new console, some reports do say the console for bricked after some crashes.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, it crashes hard. The game locks up, the XSX button starts flashing and the console turns off.
I haven't tried it for a week so I don't know if there's been a patch. I hear this also happens on the PS5.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through the entire campaign without any crashing issues until one of the final missions in the game. At the same exact spot in that mission, 3 times in a row, the game would completely seize up and then my Xbox would shut off. Didn't brick but it shut off so bad I couldn't turn the console back on with my controller, I had to physically press the button. I read some comments about it online and tried turning off Ray Tracing and that worked for me; I was able to play through the final bit of the campaign. This didn't help with crashes in MP though, I was still getting those. Ended up completely uninstalling the game until I hear they actually fixed it.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad I don't play that series anymore.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

From what I've seen on Reddit it seems like this is a common problem. If you're experiencing it with other games as well though, I'd call Microsoft as that may indicate an issue (probably with the PSU).

COD seems to be causing both Series X and PS5 to hard crash and turn the console off.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had the issue with crashes, when I had an external drive plugged in, no idea if that is causing it, but I don't get crashes on it now and I don't have the drive plugged in currently.

According to the Known Issues on Activision Support the crashes happen when playing at 4K resolution, so forcing the console to output 1080p should be a workaround.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A workaround shouldn't be playing at lower resolutions.

Lazy ass optimisation and poor q and a.

mackdack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj: this. Literally “plays better on X” and I have to bump DOWN to 1080p?

Asinine