Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Just upgraded my PC and decided I want to get back into Skyrim, it's been almost a year and would love some recommendations on mods. I know these threads have been done before but there is probably better mods that have replaced the mods of the other threads. So if I could only install 10 mods what would you choose?

jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Well, been a little while since I played it myself, but I do have some recommendations. Most of these are from the Workshop. Actually, all of them save for SkyUI, which you will also need SKSE to run. This will be in no particular order:

• SkyUI - Just overall better UI.
  • Wearable Lanterns - Speaks for itself really.
  • Frostfall - If you want some crazy realism, this makes it so that you need to keep warm. No more running around nude during a blizzard!
  • Alternate Start - Gives you several options for how you want to start the game, and even has a random start option.
  • Sounds of Skyrim - All versions really. Ads more realism to the soundscape, and makes those Draugr caves scary as shit.
  • Build your own home - The ultimate house mod as far as I am concerned.
  • Imp's More Complex Needs - Again, realism. You will now need to eat, drink and sleep. Can keep track of how much muscle you have, calories, protein etc. It is kinda crazy.
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force - Realism... I think it is way cooler when bandits just crumple to the ground with an arrow in the head, instead of flying across the room.
  • Dynamic Merchants - Merchants get more gold if you use them more. Makes sense.
  • More Carriages - Adds carriages to smaller places as well, which I found to be necessary due to the "Disable Fast-travel" mod I use as well...

I guess those are the ten mods I would not play without now. I don't have many more really, save for fun stuff like "Removable Skulls 'n Stuff", where you can harvest the skull from enemies you kill. You know, for that Predator feel. Not messed around with any graphical mods, weird armors and weapons or quests, so I will most likely watch this thread myself for more fun!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

Dragon Souls for Perks.

Balanced Skill Progression.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

Is there really a mod that cleans up ladies' faces?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Give you? GIVE YOU? At least be cordial about it, damn.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@ShadowConqueror said:

Give you? GIVE YOU? At least be cordial about it, damn.

LOL

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Zomgfruitbunnies said:

Is there really a mod that cleans up ladies' faces?

Why are the Skyrim women covered in fecal matter in the first place?

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlashDance
  • RNG guards - so that guards no longer appear to be a bunch of clones.
  • Mark and Recall - if you miss those spells from Morrowind.
  • Better quest objectves - if you like playing without the quest marker.
  • Cloaks of Skyrim - This is one of my favorites. It pretty much speaks for itself.
  • Bandolier bags and pouches - lets you craft pouches, book holders, vial holders that increase your carrying capacity and also look cool as hell on your dude.
  • Better horses - you horse can carry your equipment, and you get a new power to summon it or order it to follow/wait.
  • Horse armor - because they look badass.
  • Alternate start - a must if you plan on starting from scratch.
  • Spend dragon souls for perks - this can be considered cheating, but dragon souls really have no use after a while.
  • Unofficial Skyrim/Dawnguard patch.

That would be my selection.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

These are the main ones that I use. Got a few other ones that I could live without but these are the best ones.

• (NSFW) Nude mode that makes all the ladies into Shemales
  • Sky UI- This is a must have. It makes the UI usable on PC instead of the atrocious made for console one that you get from the get go.
  • Bag of Holding- I'm a bit of a magpie when fighting in dungeons and I got tired of needing to break non melee builds by putting points into stats to carry all the stuff I pick up. This allows you to store everything in a special bag with no limit.
  • Magic Merchant- Adds an NPC to most major cities that sells scrolls, spell and other magic related items. One stop shop if you plan to play a magic build as I always found it hard to find someone to buy new spells from.
  • Glowing Books- If you have never read the book before it glows a bight blue. Once you read it the glow goes away.
  • Container Names- Changes the names of barrels and sack based on what's inside of them so you don't have to go rooting through every one if you are looking for certain ingredients.
  • Reduced Dual Casting Spell Cost- By default magic sucks in this game in my opnion. Just a mod that makes it viable to play as by reducing the spell mana cost.
  • Lock Pick Cheat- Just a mod that shows you how to pick locks. Be careful with this as it's an easy way to power level your guy in the early game and you may find yourself fighting high levels guys without the high level combat skills to fight them with.
  • Bald Head- Adds a truly bald option to making new characters. Blows my mind that they didn't include the option to begin with.
  • Weightless Gems- Makes gems weight nothing.
  • Wearable Lanterns- Adds a glowing lantern to your back/front that glows the area around you. It's set to only activate when it dark areas or when it's night time. Not sure if it affects Stealth as I have not tried a Stealth build while using the mod.
  • Make Lydia Shut up- If you plan to use Lydia as a companion then you will want this mod that removes her annoying one line that activated every time you try to trade with her.
  • Pick a starting location- If you are like me and make a lot of new guys, you are sick and tired of the unskipable 15-20 minute intro. This allows you to bypass all that shit.
  • Character Creation Overhaul- This allows you to make a really class of character like in a real RPG and not the default style in this game where you can make a guy that does everything. Watch the video on the page to get a better idea. This mod is not for everything, but I think It's awesome.
Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew

Hairier Chest Mod
Clean up women's faces
Turn the moon into the Death Star
Macho Man Dragons
Posh Mudcrabs

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By D0tti
@Video_Game_King: Maybe it's a social commentary on how women likes to get shit on both literally and figuratively?
beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By beepmachine
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By subject2change

Commenting here, so I don't lose this thread.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Ravenlight
daletiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daletiel

@Subject2Change said:

Commenting here, so I don't lose this thread.

Doing much the same myself. These suggestions might be the prompt to get me back into Skyrim.