Glitching: The Good & The Bad

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sacui

Glitches go hand-in-hand with today's 3D games. Some can be pretty damn entertaining, shocking, and downright goofy. But, there's a.....darker...side to glitches. Game-breaking, exploitation, geometry, and the god forbid (RS:V fans will know) corner glitches.

The Good:

Halo 2 Super Bouncing - http://youtu.be/7Iz5c69XiOc

The Bad:

Rainbow Six: Vegas Cheating Corners - http://youtu.be/t018Z4sTijg (FF to 2:35)

The Ugly:

Skyrim (And effing Fallout) Stuck behind geometry -http://youtu.be/ZpnoQY--9LA

There's a billion glitches/bugs in gaming, and we've had our fair million. Look up some glitches that you've personally experienced, the one's you won't forget, and SHARE THEM. Maybe even in the FORMAT that I used.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Just highlight the text you want to link and click the Link button in the editor. Copy paste link. Voila.

Anyways I just popped in to say I'm really in to glitches. I love when you leave a dungeon in skyrim only to find a cow floating 10 feet from the surface of a river, running backwards in the sky.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sacui

@geraltitude: Dude I've been using the mobile version of this forum since I've began! Damn I feel stupid. Definitely better now.

Edit: Actually, no. The desktop version of this website does not have all the post editor tools like the mobile version does. On my tablet, right now, it says I'm on the mobile version, but I'm not. When I request desktop version it takes me to the simple mobile version, which has post editor tools.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@sacui said:

@geraltitude: Dude I've been using the mobile version of this forum since I've began! Damn I feel stupid. Definitely better now.

Edit: Actually, no. The desktop version of this website does not have all the post editor tools like the mobile version does. On my tablet, right now, it says I'm on the mobile version, but I'm not. When I request desktop version it takes me to the simple mobile version, which has post editor tools.

lol sounds bizarre duder.. a real... glitch one might say???

:D

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Haha indeed. I'm upset that this thread hasn't had more responses, glitches are awesome.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

singlehandedly ruined GoW1 MP.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@sacui said:

@geraltitude: Haha indeed. I'm upset that this thread hasn't had more responses, glitches are awesome.

yeah sorry duder. To be honest I thought the thread was spam when I first saw it, and maybe others did too. Low post number, no user picture, links weren't linked properly. Lots of red flags for most users on this site.

But you never now. Threads often die only to live again.

I can't link to these glitches but these stick in my mind:

Shadow Man:

There were lots of lava puzzles where you had to climb a moving box and jump from box to box in time. Unfortunately, Shadow Man's climbing animation was super long, and sometimes, while you were climbing the edge of a box, the box would suddenly move on without you, and Shadow Man would be left climbing the air. Then you would into the lava and burn to death.

Beverly Hills Cop:

Not my own experience, but from this site. One of the funniest videos that exists on the internet. Good luck watching this and keeping your ribs in tact. Skip to 9:00 if you want to see the where things really go wild.

Loading Video...

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Wemibelle

@sacui: I never loved the H2 super-bouncing (although my friend did), but I will say that the button "glitches" (BXB, BXR, double-shotting, etc.) were so prevalent that they became part of that game. If the rumors of a H2 remaster are true, then I sure as hell hope those button glitches make it in there somehow.

Sacui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sacui

@wemibelec90: Eff that noise. Be that as it may, BXR did become a big part of the game, but also was a seriously serious disadvantage to players who weren't aware of its presence.

I guess you could say the same for super bouncing, but that shit was super fun. Led to many discoveries like getting out of maps and reaching places once unreachable. To people like me, where Halo 2 was life itself, super bouncing was the greatest thing ever.

Along with the rocket/sword lunge glitch.