Just watched The Rock for the first time in years...

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ganz32

Still a great movie but one thing bothers me, if Mason could just open the door why did he ever learn the timing of the spinning gear flame spitting furnace thing. Lol. Movies

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#2  Edited By wumbo3000

youre the rocket man

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would assume they had guards there when he escaped.

It doesnt make much sense to have that hellmachine operational after all these years. Then again that hellmachine doesnt make any sense whatsoever... apart from that i think everything else in the movie checks out allright.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sinusoidal

Because Michael Bay.

Still a great movie.

Fuck Transformers.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Everyone as different tastes, I remember watching it about a year ago for the first time after the Bomb Crew constantly went on about how good it was. Felt sadly let down big time, I love me some over the top action flicks but I was so bored by The Rock. Part of me wonders if my overall dislike for Michael Bay most likely hurt my enjoyment of that film.

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: ok yeah guards, I could believe that.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By odinsmana

@machofantastico said:

Everyone as different tastes, I remember watching it about a year ago for the first time after the Bomb Crew constantly went on about how good it was. Felt sadly let down big time, I love me some over the top action flicks but I was so bored by The Rock. Part of me wonders if my overall dislike for Michael Bay most likely hurt my enjoyment of that film.

I feel you. It might be because it was overhyped for med, but I heard Dan and Drew go on about how amazing the film is and when I watched it it didn`t do much for me.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ajamafalous

@machofantastico said:

I feel you. It might be because it was overhyped for med, but I heard Dan and Drew go on about how amazing the film is and when I watched it it did nothing for me.

Same here! I watched it for the first time over Christmas and felt pretty let down. I think I was expecting more deranged yelling from Nic Cage and/or a more unapologetically-dumb movie, but I kinda just got an average/above-average action movie with a great cast.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@ajamafalous: it might be a time and place sort of thing. I watched that movie a bunch of times when I was in grade school (in the 90's) and for a dumb 8 year old kid it was the perfect mix of silly one liners, cool action and corny acting. Also at the time I was a huge fan of Sean Connory.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just watched it for the first time ever about two weeks ago.

fantastic.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I have the bluray still in shrink wrap...

In other words, I've never seen it :(

I need to make a movie night out of it soon. Everything about it seems right up my alley.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to The Rawk

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Yes I just watched this for the first time a couple weeks ago and was very disappointed. Very tame. The terrorist bad guy just says at the end, "oh well, they called our bluff, let's give up"?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rethla
hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

To be fair, I haven't seen it in years, so I don't know how well it holds up.

To me it is a knotch above similar 90s bad action movies, like Broken Arrow, Bad Boys, On Deadly Ground or Face/Off.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we all agree that Dan wildly overrates that line where the guy says "we're up here, you're down there" or whatever the fuck? It wasn't even remotely memorable and I had no idea what line Dan was referring to when he kept quoting it, and I eventually looked it up on YouTube and it's still not that cool. There are so many better action movie one-liners/badass lines.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@rethla: The La Li Lu Le Lo!?

A list of names....OF THE PATRIOTS!!

The Rock is a great movie. Kind of mind fucked me when I realized Michael Bay directed it.

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes: most definitely a notch above Broken Arrow... Bad Boys and Face/Off idk... its been a while, id say its equal in my memory... On Deadly Ground, is that good? Never seen it

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Don't even remember the line, but it is a good scene.

ganz32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ganz32

@bigboss1911: I would say its the ultimate Michael Bay movie, everything else is sub par. Never seen a Transformer move, that last TMNT movie was acceptable but not great.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just watched it for the first time a month or so ago and was not very impressed, had been talked up too much around these parts. Found it tedious and too self-serious for how implausible it was. Followed it up with Con Air the next night and was thoroughly entertained. The last hour or so of that is a goddamn blast.

There are so many better action movie one-liners/badass lines.

If I had a top 10 list of action movie one liners, the line in Con Air at the airstrip gas pump where the disposible henchman goes "Cy...!" and Malkovich says "-onara." and throws a lit cigarette at the pool of gas got a spot immediately.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By frytup

I dunno if I think it's better than The Rock, but Con Air is a lot of fun and is certainly much better than Face/Off. I admit I don't quite get Dan's love for that one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never seen The Rock.

Oh the guy from Doom.