More Demo Derby/Game Tapes please?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'll be the one bringing this topic up this time. I know from time to time there will be complaints about the output GB crew and I assume they have a pipeline ready but it's been half a year since the last Demo Derby and a quarter year for Game Tapes. These are the features that made me subscribe to Giant Bomb years ago but they seemed to have slowed down for having it be a monthly feature in years past. All I'm saying is that I miss those videos and I hope that we get to have more of them this year.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Those are fun features. I’d love to see more of them.

My usual routine on work nights is to shut my brain off with some Giant Bomb on Roku. I already only watch a small minority of content (the site has become broad over the years, which is fine, but that just means that only some content appeals to me), but that routine is all but dead over the past month.

There was a ranking of fighters, though...AND it covered Street Fighter 2, so that’s good!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Demo Derby has easily been my favorite feature ever since it was introduced and I definitely would like it to be at least a monthly feature. Could also picture it to be one, where West could just mail the East office a bunch of the demo discs so they could maybe make a few episodes now and then as well.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sounds like Demo Derby will return at some point, but we might have a lack of good candidates for Game Tapes going forward. We'll see though!

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@rorie Thank you for the quick response, Rorie! I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode. Cheers!

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

In my opinion, every candidate is a good candidate for these two features! Watch advertising b-roll of N64 kiosks at MacDonalds for all I care. Unload the archives!

thetafox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby and Game Tapes are my favorite features on the site, so I absolutely second this!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Good to hear about Demo Derby!

Bummer about Game Tapes, that’s a another great one, but there’s only so much source data.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell yeah, saturday Demo Derby is a-go.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BaneFireLord

Love Demo Derby. I think it might be the only Premium series of which I've actually seen every one.

For Game Tapes, if they're low on suitable candidates, I think they should get weird and meta with it and talk over old Giant Bomb or Gamespot videos at some point.

enfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Not a huge poster myself, but wanted to voice my support for more Game Tapes & Demo Derby. Absolutely my favourite features of the site as they usually cover the games of my childhood of PS1, PS2 and early PS3 / Xbox 360 era.

For Game Tapes, if they're low on suitable candidates, I think they should get weird and meta with it and talk over old Giant Bomb or Gamespot videos at some point.

This would also be fun!

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

The Demo Derby we got yesterday was real good! That was a fun but also telling look at 2005-2006 gaming in general. Different games trying too mimic NBA Street, a dark period of crappy Sonic spinoffs that eventually led to 06', major gaming franchises being forced to be ported onto the PSP and some final hoorahs for niche JRPG franchises (Shadow Hearts 3, Grandia 3).