Now that the initial hype is over, can I get some feedback on some recent indie management games?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Specifically, now that we're many months after the release of both, how do people feel about Chroma Squad and/or Punch Club? I'm vaguely considering buying them from the current Steam sale.

Is the management aspect engaging, or does it get pretty rote after a while? Are the actual combat mechanics fun once you're quite a few hours in, or do they end up being kind of simplistic? I'm also interested to hear any other feedback you have for either game.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Chroma Squad is just like SRPG I don't think there is that much managing to it. From what i remember you buy upgrades to your film studio but its more like getting bonuses during the fight. Punch Club managing system is just buying the gym equipment and then doing the exercises all the time. I didn't like it since it constructed the way you lose gained points unless you buy specific upgrades. I wouldn't recommend any of them if you are into management aspect since there is not much to it in them.

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As Danteveli mentioned, Chroma Squad is more RPG than a management game. Punch Club is interesting for the first few hours, but I ultimately found the mechanics to be a bit shallow and constantly keeping my character in shape was cumbersome.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

If you're looking for indie management games, check out Software Inc.

Enjoying it a lot so far.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Prison Architect is a great management game.