Oculus Games Showcase: 4/21/2021 @ 3:00pm PST

ak1mbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I know this website isn't super into VR, but figured some of you might have an interest:

Oculus Blog

Think about the future

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Oculus seems to be screwing its own PCVR customers, so I'm kind of in a fuck 'em mood with them at the moment.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like VR and I would probably own an Oculus if it weren't the thing I actually hate, which is Facebook.

The fact that the best easy VR solution is tied to that absolutely atrocious Cyberpunk villain corporation makes it a no go for me.

And yes, it's not like other big companies like Sony or Microsoft are pure and innocent or anything, but Facebook is a special brand of evil.

ak1mbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@bigsocrates: The only difference between an evil corporation and a truly evil corporation is a good PR department.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ak1mbo: Nah. Facebook actually has a good PR department! But whatever you can say about Valve, they don't weaponize disinformation and they didn't help destroy journalism by falsifying data on video engagement.

Sony may have threatened to shut down a web store for video games but to my knowledge it hasn't served as a conduit for election interference from foreign states because doing that was marginally more profitable than not doing that.

carpe_dmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apparently they're going to drop a remake of RE4 on quest 2?? I'm quite excited about that out of nowhere. otherwise the v28 update with the official wireless link seems exciting, my quest sat on a shelf for a while until I got vr desktop working wirelessly and then I ended up playing a whole lot more PCVR. having official wireless connectivity should really bolster that otherwise ignored market, ever since they killed the rift s.

120hz is exciting tho I can't imagine a lot will support it. tho, eleven table tennis apparently already does, and some imperceptibly high framerate ping pong sounds right up my alley.

I hate Facebook as much as the next guy and I'd gone to great lengths to disable the telemetry on my quest and keep it sequestered on my router in order to never let Facebook get my data (or see all the beat saber mods I'm running) but the latest updates made me bite the bullet and factory reset the thing so that I could go back on the grid. if they keep up all these crazy quality of life updates for this $300 package it's gonna be hard for the holdouts at some point.