Paypal Memberships, are they still avalable?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

I was looking into potentially subscribing since I really want to see the Daggerfall video but I cant subscribe with my card (Its a Visa Electron, I dont think it works). I remember them announcing that you could subscribe with Paypal (I think only yearly, though I was thinking about monthly since I have little money) but I cant see that option anywhere. Does anyone know if that option was removed? Or is it only available at certain times since they have to activate manually?

I hope its available since I want to see that content.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By louiedog

I think the paypal option was part of the store and at this link. However, it looks like it's been pulled. Maybe they're upgrading the way paypal memberships are handled before the BLLSL.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion
Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thor_Molecules

All the PayPal subscriptions need to be entered into the system and verified manually, and doing this for all the monthly subscribers would be a insane amount of work.

Maybe later, when they fine-tune the PayPal payment options, or explore other ways of payment. But for now, you are only able to subscribe monthly with a creditcard.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeeGee

Looks like it was removed. Although I still genuinely don't understand how people can only pay through paypal. I mean, you need a card for paypal anyway, so what's the problem?

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thor_Molecules

@DeeGee: There are plenty of countries that almost fully stopped using the creditcard years ago. They use PIN cards, or e-banking.

You know, for security and ease of use. But it hasn't really penetrated the USA yet, I guess, so people from those countries are almost always reliant on stuff like PayPal.

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeeGee

@Buckfitches: Ohhh, that makes sense, thanks =)

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By GS_Dan

@DeeGee: Can't sign up with Maestro cards

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pazy
@DeeGee said:

Looks like it was removed. AL though I still genuinely don't understand how people can only pay through paypal. I mean, you need a card for paypal anyway, so what's the problem?

Its the type of card I have. My card isnt supported by the billing system that Whiskey Media uses so I cant use it, but Paypal supports my card so if they support Paypal they support my card (and a bunch of other non-supported cards).

@Oscar__Explosion said:

@Pazy: the only thing I found was this link:

https://auth.whiskeymedia.com/billing/

but it doesn't seem to have an option for PayPal

Ive looked there but they only support a few types of cards and they dont support mine.

I wouldn't mind paying for a year if they had the option, it would mean moving some stuff around but I love Giant Bomb and they now have content I want (I dont like the Happy Hour much). If I want to buy a subscription, of any kind, I will need to find a friend/family member with a supported card and convince them to let me use their details for a website called "Giant Bomb" or even "Whiskey Media" lol ah well, it looks like I probably wont get to see the Daggerfall video which is sad because I love those kind of games and Dave is awesome!

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By matoya

Don't count on it, ever.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By louiedog

I bet PayPal will return as an option. I see two likely scenarios here. One is that they removed PayPal for now because they expect a huge number of membership sign-ups during the BLLSL this week. Removing PayPal will encourage those who can pay by credit or debit to do so. Otherwise, they'd probably have a full time guy doing nothing but manually processing those PayPal memberships for a week.

The other is that they're upgrading their payment system in time for the BLLSL so that you can choose between credit and PayPal on the billing page for any membership type and they'll no longer have to process anything manually. That would be ideal, but who knows.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That's unfortunate. If there was to be anything big I was interested in during the BLLSL, I might have subscribed impulsively. Hopefully it will come back.

Mercutio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mercutio

What a shame. I wanted to subscribe a minute ago, because of the Daggerfall videos, but I have the same problem with my card. I really hope they bring paypal back soon!

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Vanek

I was tempted to sign up and just loaded the subsciption page a second ago before noticing the Paypal option was gone.  I hate using Paypal anyway.

It's a shame because I wouldn't mind being able to watch premium videos, but for some reason some of us UK users have weird issues and can't subscribe.

MG1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By MG1989

I have been thinking of subscibing for ages but the time i want to paypal is gone. So yeh paypal would be nice :)

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RobDaFunk

Once the Paypal option returns I'm gonna join for sure....(hoping staff read this thread at some point!! ;)

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By kagato

I had this problem last year (and will have it again on the 16th when my yearly runs out), i have a Visa debit card and it too gets rejected whenever i try to put payment through for Whiskey Media. Someone was helpfull enough last time to post a solution that i used and still use for various digital comic sites, it does entail using a third party called Entropay though. Basically you load the funds from your Visa/Electron/Switch card on, it gives you an online pre-paid credit card which you can copy and paste the details out of and because its recongised as a digital visa it goes through.

There are always risks with this sort of thing but i have used them monthly to buy digital comics from the US DC Comics store (there was no UK one up until recently) and i had my last sub for this very site using it too.