PS3 self - upgrading

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

I'm thinking about upgrading my PS3 with a bigger hard drive.  It seems pretty easy from what I've seen on the internet.  I've also found some sata hard disk in the 100-200 Gb range for around a $100.   

my questions are: has anyone else doen this? and was it as easy as it seems?  Should I go all out and am for largest possible drive?
timay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By timay

It is really easy. i have a 320gb in  mine at the moment. There is one screw holding the tray and 4 screws holding the hard drive to the tray. should take maybe 5-10 minutes.  You may want to do a backup first if you dont want to redownload anything.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine
@bofooq said:
" I'm thinking about upgrading my PS3 with a bigger hard drive.  It seems pretty easy from what I've seen on the internet.  I've also found some sata hard disk in the 100-200 Gb range for around a $100.     my questions are: has anyone else doen this? and was it as easy as it seems?  Should I go all out and am for largest possible drive? "
You should definitely go for the largest HDD as possible. You don't want to have to replace the HDD again later.
unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By unclejohnny79

yeah, you can just wait untill you need it

walang_hiya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By walang_hiya

At first i thought it was going to complicated but after watching the steps on youtube on people doing it and actually doing hands on it turn out to be easy.   I just recently upgraded my playstation gb to a 500 and it works well, haven't had any major problems with it yet.
BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoFooQ

I know I need a 2.5" SATA hard disk, but are there other specis i need to take into account or are all basicly the same?

Is there a perfered brand name or can I go with the cheapest possible? 
teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@bofooq said:

" I know I need a 2.5" SATA hard disk, but are there other specis i need to take into account or are all basicly the same? Is there a perfered brand name or can I go with the cheapest possible?  "

You can even try a faster drive (i.e., 7500 rpm).
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama
@bofooq said:
" I'm thinking about upgrading my PS3 with a bigger hard drive.  It seems pretty easy from what I've seen on the internet.  I've also found some sata hard disk in the 100-200 Gb range for around a $100.     my questions are: has anyone else doen this? and was it as easy as it seems?  Should I go all out and am for largest possible drive? "
i got my 250 GB and it was easy as hell.