Posted by Matt (937 posts) -

On October 15th I will be participating in the Extra-Life charity marathon to raise money for the children's miracle network. I've done this is the past and one thing I like to do is gather a bunch prizes to give away for people who donate. I find that it makes the whole thing a lot more fun and also gives people incentive to donate. Last year I gathered a few game codes to give away and I wanted to get even more stuff this year. I always feel awkward when asking for free stuff but since I'm doing this for charity I think I can get away with it. Greg Kasavin was kind enough to give me 5 steam codes for bastion and I added them to some steam codes I have lying around. Now this is already more stuff than what I had last year but when I was at Eurogamer Expo I saw Chet Faliszek from Valve. Counter Strike:GO was at the show and I knew they were giving away beta keys so I asked him if he could spare a few for people who donate. Instead he gave me his business card and told me to email him after the show. I did that and then this showed up...

To donate go to http://www.extra-life.org/participant/pascual and the live stream will be at http://www.livestream.com/gotloveforgames

#1 Posted by Matt (937 posts) -

On October 15th I will be participating in the Extra-Life charity marathon to raise money for the children's miracle network. I've done this is the past and one thing I like to do is gather a bunch prizes to give away for people who donate. I find that it makes the whole thing a lot more fun and also gives people incentive to donate. Last year I gathered a few game codes to give away and I wanted to get even more stuff this year. I always feel awkward when asking for free stuff but since I'm doing this for charity I think I can get away with it. Greg Kasavin was kind enough to give me 5 steam codes for bastion and I added them to some steam codes I have lying around. Now this is already more stuff than what I had last year but when I was at Eurogamer Expo I saw Chet Faliszek from Valve. Counter Strike:GO was at the show and I knew they were giving away beta keys so I asked him if he could spare a few for people who donate. Instead he gave me his business card and told me to email him after the show. I did that and then this showed up...

To donate go to http://www.extra-life.org/participant/pascual and the live stream will be at http://www.livestream.com/gotloveforgames

#2 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Going to donate! Great thing you are doing here, hope it helps a lot of people out.

Also, those portal posters are awesome, but that doesn't matter, donating to help people is what matters. :)

#3 Edited by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

@NekuSakuraba said:

Going to donate! Great thing you are doing here, hope it helps a lot of people out.

Also, those portal posters are awesome, but that doesn't matter, donating to help people is what matters. :)

Also, does watching the live stream help in any way?

#4 Posted by SpacePenguin (472 posts) -

Wow thats so awsome man. That was great of valve to do that and I hope you raise a lot of money.

#5 Posted by donkeyscrotes (69 posts) -

Donated!

I love children...

#6 Posted by ESREVER (2575 posts) -

That's a lot of awesome Valve swag.

I donated to your page.

You should have no problem reaching your goal with this community backing you >>

#7 Edited by ManiacMaysin (360 posts) -

Donated. Good luck reaching your goal. You're almost there already!

#8 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2063 posts) -

Awesome thing you're doing here. And your nearly at your goal!

#9 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

That is wicked awesome. I'm glad there are people like you in the world!

#10 Edited by Fizzy (384 posts) -

Children. They smell funny. Too funny...

Cool charity by the way, pretty awesome that valve gave all that to you.

#11 Posted by Rabid619 (1078 posts) -

Done :) Great that you're doing this, happy to help!

#12 Posted by CounterShock (419 posts) -

Thinking of donating...

#13 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Donationized.

#14 Posted by rmanthorp (3696 posts) -

Donating and watching! Pretty hyped yo, GLHB

#15 Posted by noiz (30 posts) -

Donated. Thanks for doing this. Good luck!

#16 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

Threw in $25, your so close to your goal!

#17 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -

Donated for you, not the fucking kids... trollface.RAW

#18 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

So we can donate multiple times for more chances to win?

#19 Posted by Drisko (4 posts) -

Donated. Congrats on reaching your goal. Doing a great thing.

#20 Posted by DjCmeP (1145 posts) -

I donated 5$.

#21 Posted by Matt (937 posts) -

@Seedofpower said:

I thought a lot about this but I don't want people donating more just to try and get a better chance at winning. I feel people should donate to help and the raffle is a nice bonus.

#22 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

@Matt said:

@Seedofpower said:

I thought a lot about this but I don't want people donating more just to try and get a better chance at winning. I feel people should donate to help and the raffle is a nice bonus.

Ok, I got 6$ bucks to spare.

#23 Posted by Matt (937 posts) -

Big thanks to everyone who has donated so far, only 5 days left to the live stream!

#24 Posted by Rapid (1333 posts) -

Donated Good Luck!

#25 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (517 posts) -

My dear British friend, I will donate to your cause!

#26 Posted by YoThatLimp (1820 posts) -

Ah man, won a signed poster crazy, I didn't even realize you were giving away stuff I was just helping out a duder doing charity work. Glad you were able to hit your goal man!