The Need of a Notification

finalkross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

Edited By finalkross

This is going to sound really stupid but I have a complaint I need to direct to Sony. My complaint is based solely on the lack of a Trophy Label on the back of Game Cases. Yes, a stupid complaint, 'who cares?!', chances are there are a lot of people. I am no Trophy Whore, but I'd love to know which games actually contain Trophy Support.

Just look at the back of any Xbox 360 game and you'll see it as plain as day 'Achievements'. Every 360 game contains Achievements, so there is no need to place the label on the box but they do it anyway. It's a nice touch and I believe Sony needs to follow suit. Sony needs to do this because they do have a lot of games that contain trophies but most people don't know about it. For example, were you aware that Far Cry 2 and Blitz: The League II both have Trophies? Chances are unless you played them, you had no idea.

Sony is placing labels for their Dual Shock 3 and Headset Support, but not for Trophies. I think they could easily place even a tiny one just to let people know about the fact that they can get trophies since it will be an implementation in their upcoming Home (something they should continue to be marketing).

What I've actually been surprised about Sony recently with their labeling on the Covers of their games is the recent inclusion of 'Only on PlayStation' (not direct quote). In the 10+ Years of Sony, this is the first time they've ever done this and I am a bit disapointed. In the past, Nintendo and Microsoft needed to signify that certain games were exclusive to their system, Sony never had to do that. It just goes to show that the times have certainly changed.

So that is all for my rant, please let gamers know that Trophies exist in a certain game, it doesn't hurt you and it certainly will help sales.

finalkross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By finalkross

This is going to sound really stupid but I have a complaint I need to direct to Sony. My complaint is based solely on the lack of a Trophy Label on the back of Game Cases. Yes, a stupid complaint, 'who cares?!', chances are there are a lot of people. I am no Trophy Whore, but I'd love to know which games actually contain Trophy Support.

Just look at the back of any Xbox 360 game and you'll see it as plain as day 'Achievements'. Every 360 game contains Achievements, so there is no need to place the label on the box but they do it anyway. It's a nice touch and I believe Sony needs to follow suit. Sony needs to do this because they do have a lot of games that contain trophies but most people don't know about it. For example, were you aware that Far Cry 2 and Blitz: The League II both have Trophies? Chances are unless you played them, you had no idea.

Sony is placing labels for their Dual Shock 3 and Headset Support, but not for Trophies. I think they could easily place even a tiny one just to let people know about the fact that they can get trophies since it will be an implementation in their upcoming Home (something they should continue to be marketing).

What I've actually been surprised about Sony recently with their labeling on the Covers of their games is the recent inclusion of 'Only on PlayStation' (not direct quote). In the 10+ Years of Sony, this is the first time they've ever done this and I am a bit disapointed. In the past, Nintendo and Microsoft needed to signify that certain games were exclusive to their system, Sony never had to do that. It just goes to show that the times have certainly changed.

So that is all for my rant, please let gamers know that Trophies exist in a certain game, it doesn't hurt you and it certainly will help sales.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By The_Icon

Yeah I think they should, but the reason it wont happen as starting next year. All games will have trophy support...even most fall games have.

Dude... I am football_legend, u know i am banned from stupid spot right? Anyways can u plz do me a favor.. and tell some of my friends in stupidspot that I am banned?

Thanks
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

God, Levio you are becoming more than just stupid, you are becoming a stupid troll.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I find the lack of trophy advertisment on the back of PS3 boxes to be strange considering it is front and centre on PSN titles. Well, except for Penny Arcade, which does support trophies but gives no indication. I don't mind the Only on Playstation/PSN stuff on the front of recent boxes, but I think they could have done a better job of it. Nothing will be the Greatest Hits design for worst game box stamp ever.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187
Snail said:
"God, Levio you are becoming more than just stupid, you are becoming a stupid troll."
Where's Levio?!
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daniel_beck_90

just so you know : PS3is not (never was )in a good position  and Sony is trying to be like Microsoft which won,t work . Unlike PS2 or Xbox 360 , PS3 has very little amount of Exclusive titles and that is why they use the Only on Play station label . 

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By dsplayer1010

It's probably due to the fact that eventually, trophies will become standards. Similar to how every 360 game has achievements. 

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar

There will probably be very few games next year on the PS3 that don't have trophy support. It will become the standard, so don't worry.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By BawlZINmotion
daniel_beck_90 said:
"just so you know : PS3is not (never was )in a good position  and Sony is trying to be like Microsoft which won,t work . Unlike PS2 or Xbox 360 , PS3 has very little amount of Exclusive titles and that is why they use the Only on Play station label . "
I could write an essay on why I think the PS3 is in the position it is, but that would be beyond the scope of the subject. The fact (yes, fact) is you are wrong as to why, simple as that. If you do some counting the Playstation 3 actually has more exclusive titles than the 360 and many "exclusive" 360 titles appear on other platforms, including PS3. Marking game boxes with exclusivity is nothing new, Nintendo has been doing it since the Super Nintendo and Microsoft since the Xbox. Sony should have done this along time ago because sadly the general consumer is very, how should I write this, oblivious. Labeling a game a person has interest in to identify its exclusive nature helps sales, which is why both Nintendo and MS use the tactic. And it works. Playstation 3 released a year too earlier and its initial run was a PR nightmare, that's what hurt it. Only on Playstation should have been there from the beginning and all games with trophy support out of the box should be marked as such. Most consumers get their information at point of sale and Sony is definitely 3rd place for informing them that way.