The return of Pinball !!!

BadJackDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By BadJackDaniels

For those who like the good old Pinball Games, good news, the company CodeRunners will launch this month of August the game Pinball Yeah!, More details to follow ... 

Pinball Yeah ! takes a different approach to the genre, it is not a pinball simulation but a "fantasy" based pinball.

-Explore our 4 different themed tables and enjoy Pinball like you never did before.

- Original soundtrack and lush environments.

A.i.
A.i.
A.i.
A.i.

Classic
Classic

Classic
Classic

PirateCove
PirateCove

Liquid Bread
Liquid Bread

Liquid Bread
Liquid Bread
BadJackDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By BadJackDaniels

For those who like the good old Pinball Games, good news, the company CodeRunners will launch this month of August the game Pinball Yeah!, More details to follow ... 

Pinball Yeah ! takes a different approach to the genre, it is not a pinball simulation but a "fantasy" based pinball.

-Explore our 4 different themed tables and enjoy Pinball like you never did before.

- Original soundtrack and lush environments.

A.i.
A.i.
A.i.
A.i.

Classic
Classic

Classic
Classic

PirateCove
PirateCove

Liquid Bread
Liquid Bread

Liquid Bread
Liquid Bread
dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dystonym

As cool as that game looks, I don't like pinball because of the lack of control. Now if someone made PONGball. Where you could move your two paddles around the table AND hit them like normal pinball flippers (or whatever they are called) then I would be happy.  

Depending on the price of this game I may or may not get it. Don't think I'm willing to pay over $10 for a pinball game no matter how high quality.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster
@Murdouken said:
" Don't think I'm willing to pay over $10 for a pinball game no matter how high quality. "
Indeed.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

I actually really like video pinball games, if they're good.  This one looks very amateur and simple, not very appealing.

Pinball FX (XBLA) and Zen Pinball (PSN) of whatever it's called (both made by the same company) are pretty cool.  The physics feel very wrong in those but they can still be fun.

The real gem is William's Pinball Hall of Fame.  Out on a bunch of platforms but the 360 and PS3 versions are best.  That game costs $10 or $20 and has really well done physics, authentic licensed tables (and they're all classics and some of the best tables around).

Pinball can give you a fair amount of control, nearly as much as you have in any other genre.  It plays differently but there is still a very large element of skill.  Hell, more real skill involved than a lot of games gamers play today.

Anyways, this pinball game just doesn't seem to be up to modern video pinball standards.  It looks like some dudes' first serious game development effort, but nothing they should be selling for $10...