What are some games that make you look at the collectibles?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum recently in preparation for the PC version of Arkham City and I have to say that the game does collectibles really well. In most games, I tend to collect what I can but stuff like audio tapes, character bios etc I don't really look at. In Arkham Asylum I find it all very interesting and I enjoy listening to the audio tapes and getting to know about Batman and the characters around him.

What are some games that you think do collectibles well and make you want to actually view what you have found?

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By TehFlan

I find Pokedex entries are usually pretty interesting (and sometimes terrifying), if that counts.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

the only game that i bought that had something good was modern warfare 2 night vision goggles. i use them all the time to find my cats at night.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By guiseppe

Well I'm currently hunting collectibles like a madman in Arkham City, so that springs to mind.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By upwarDBound

I think the artifacts from the Uncharted series are pretty cool.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GeekDown

The film cans in L.A. Noire were pretty good. Mostly because they were actual movies and not just made up ones.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By DarthOrange

The uncharted artifacts and infamous blast shards were both fun to collect.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Hunting down those blast shards in infamous were the funnest i've had searching for collectables, that is untill i was only missing one then i had to sweep the entire city another 3 times just to find it in the most obvious of places

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@guiseppe said:

Well I'm currently hunting collectibles like a madman in Arkham City, so that springs to mind.

Just finished collecting all of them last night and I gotta say...it was fantastic. Something really great about those trophies and that concept art. Plus the audio files you unlock for specific characters once you finish a row of trophies is a great way to flesh out the story.