New publisher on site is LucasArts.

Usharn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Usharn

Okay, so this is still pretty heavily a rumour, but i've found these three gog.com forum links (spoilered just in case):

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_knights_of_the_old_republic_28_oct_2014

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_tie_fighter_special_edition_28_oct_2014

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_star_wars_xwing_special_edition_28_oct_2014

Two interesting parts about these. One - they seem to have been posted by the actual gog.com staff (by the way, the source where i found those linked had also mentioned the Secret of Monkey Island special edition and the Fate of the Atlantis). Two - the main GOG site does have a countdown timer that does end on the date mentioned in those links.

So, uh, get hype, i guess?

Edit 2:

Link with "confirmed" deleted from gog.com, will not edit this post until actual confirmation from site

Edit 3:
LucasArts games on gog.com are go:
http://www.gog.com/news/new_publisher_disney_interactivelucasfilm

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god if those last two are accurate I am going to let out a girlish scream of delight.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Zelyre

TIE FIGHTER TIE FIGHTER TIE FIGHTER TIE FIGHTER TIE FIGHTER!

DEFENDER OF THE EMPIRE!

YAAAAAY!

I do wonder how they'll handle the iMuse stuff. I never played the CD-Rom versions - it would be a shame if it was just redbook audio. Part of the awesomeness of TIE Fighter was the dynamic midi music.

Also, if this is true, it'd be AWESOME to see the GB guys look at TIE Fighter. Brad and Jeff speak highly of them; it'd be interesting to see what they think of the games now.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all over all three of these, assuming they actually work on modern OSes.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KOTOR definitely works, because I've got it on Steam. The other two will, I assume, run through DOSBox.

Now i just need a re-release of the Dig and Full Throttle.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By winsord

@cloudymusic said:

Half of the appeal of GoG is that they make these old games work on modern OSs without any extra work for the end-user, so I wouldn't worry about that one bit.

Usharn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zelyre: I'd assume these'd be releleases of the cd-versions, meaning no i-muse.

They actually should - there are some mods that let them run on 64 bit Windows 7, at least. Haven't tried running them on Windows 8 yet, though.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

FYI, Kotaku has a story right now using the links to the forum posts OP included that is confirming the X-Wing and Tie Fighter game releases. Take that for what you will.

I spent 9 hours a couple weeks ago fiddling with XWVSTF to try and get it going in a virtual machine. So this is welcomed.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winsord said:

@cloudymusic said:

Half of the appeal of GoG is that they make these old games work on modern OSs without any extra work for the end-user, so I wouldn't worry about that one bit.

Yeah, I forgot that GoG is better about that sort of thing than Steam. And as long as my USB joystick works, I'll be happy!

Usharn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FYI, Kotaku has a story right now using the links to the forum posts OP included that is confirming the X-Wing and Tie Fighter game releases. Take that for what you will.

I spent 9 hours a couple weeks ago fiddling with XWVSTF to try and get it going in a virtual machine. So this is welcomed.

Speaking of that story, the link is in spoilers below:

http://kotaku.com/x-wing-tie-fighter-are-finally-getting-digital-re-rele-1651470045

Also, the links in the OP are giving 404 errors... which does kinda suck, unless somebody did a screenshot for posterity's sake.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I just noticed that. So, Kotaku wrote a story about a NeoGAF thread which was about a GOG thread.

Usharn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: Yyyyeah, to be honest the whole thing might be a hoax after all, still the two things i've mentioned in the OP might point to this being real. About 15 hours left until we see for real.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@mb: Like I said, you can take their story for what you want, lol. Their sources aren't very reliable in this particular instance.