GTA ONLINE bounty question

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BurBan_Snake

So my buddy and i have been playing this today, and he keeps seeing other players get a bounty on their head. I however, am unable to see the bounties for whatever reason.

Does anyone know why?

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shameless bump for assistance :9

HiroKedyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you reached rank 10 and gone to see Lester yet? I know that is when bounties unlocked for me.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is somewhat un related but i was playing in a solo session and robbed some poor sucker of his car then i got i text message "You robbed my car. Watch out" Then it said i got a $5000 bounty on my head. I do not what is happening!

HiroKedyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I love those messages. Bounties can be put on you by npcs for stuff like that. My friends and I will kill each other for the bounties then split the money up.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You get an ability to reveal player locations from Lester at level 40. But Lester will let you place bounties on other people at level 10. Some dude killed me after I robbed a store and drove off in my personal vehicle. I was able to see where he was going by looking at my vehicle icon moving around. Smart bastard went into the tunnels and ditched it.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BurBan_Snake

@minipato: Ive been able to see all players on the map at all times?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato: Ive been able to see all players on the map at all times?

I think people with bounties on them become invisible on the map after not being spotted by another player for a while. That or the guy I put a bounty on just disconnected. But it didn't say he left, it just said "The bounty has disappeared, but will become active again when you find the player." or something like that.

thekiller1467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The same is hopping to me. I don't know why I would like the answer too if someone knows why this is happing to us????@kadash299:

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'd like to know if there's anyway to shake a bounty ala Red Dead, or if you just have to live in a constant state of fear until someone gets you.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nodima said:

I'd like to know if there's anyway to shake a bounty ala Red Dead, or if you just have to live in a constant state of fear until someone gets you.

You just need to survive the day. I think it's for a 24 hour period. There's an achievement/trophy for it.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nodima said:

You just need to survive the day. I think it's for a 24 hour period. There's an achievement/trophy for it.

To clarify that a little more, its 24 hours in-game time, so about 40 mins real-time it goes away and you get the bounty placed on you.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@spraynardtatum said:

@nodima said:

To clarify that a little more, its 24 hours in-game time, so about 40 mins real-time it goes away and you get the bounty placed on you.

Yes, I got the achievement for lasting for a whole day with $5000 on me. Unless I'm mistaken I received the money for the bounty. It's fairly simple to survive. Just grab a helicopter and pick a nice high spot to chill out. I picked a building in the middle of the city and sniped anyone who was in my area. Only way up was to fly so I was fairly safe.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This is somewhat un related but i was playing in a solo session and robbed some poor sucker of his car then i got i text message "You robbed my car. Watch out" Then it said i got a $5000 bounty on my head. I do not what is happening!

NPC's can put hits on you randomly so by stealing their cars you're sort of playing Russian roulette. Most of the time you'll be fine but every once in awhile you'll get a bounty.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@golguin: But only fairly safe.

I don't think you can see bounties until you are a high enough level to receive one. AT least, that's been my assumption for a while now.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Capum15
@crash_happy said:

@golguin: But only fairly safe.

I don't think you can see bounties until you are a high enough level to receive one. AT least, that's been my assumption for a while now.

Like others have said, once you get his phone call, go to Lester. Pretty sure the very first time you meet him is unlocking bounties. It's really early on. Can't do anything regarding them (seeing, placing, getting one) until you do.

Also unless Rockstar changed it, just go sit in your Apartment/House/Garage for 48 minutes. Watch as people scurry over to your place and wait. And wait...

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

@demoskinos: has anyone noticed a correlation between killing the driver of the car you steal and if you end up getting a bounty? i used to try to just do a clean carjacking and make off with the vehicle but i've noticed that the more i do that the more bounties i get placed on me. However if i pull a person out of their car and immediately kill them, i don't get a bounty on my head. haven't seen it to the contrary but you immediately get a one or two star wanted level by doing this.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By musubi

@oldmanlight: Ive wondered this myself but I dont think that it matters. Ive stolen parked cars before which resulted in a bounty. In theory it makes sense but I suppose Id like to see some more working proof before Id wholly believe it.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

@demoskinos: has anyone noticed a correlation between killing the driver of the car you steal and if you end up getting a bounty? i used to try to just do a clean carjacking and make off with the vehicle but i've noticed that the more i do that the more bounties i get placed on me. However if i pull a person out of their car and immediately kill them, i don't get a bounty on my head. haven't seen it to the contrary but you immediately get a one or two star wanted level by doing this.

Sometimes the threatening texts are just "you fucked with the wrong people" so I don't think killing the driver of the vehicle is a safe bet to avoid a bounty. I thought about that too but I've still gotten Bounties on me. I believe it's just random regardless of leaving the driver dead or alive.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@sarumarine: I spent a while beating up the drivers and wondered if it made a bounty less likely. I'm not convinced though. Seems entirely random.