Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

The Lincolncast Episode 24: Bad Jokes

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

The Lincolncast Episode 24: Bad Jokes

Hey guys! For those who don't know, this is the Giant Bomb community's Guild Wars 2 podcast (made by our guild, Lincoln Force).

Episode 24 starts about as low as you can get and struggles to go upwards from there. Well, unless you like bad jokes, then it has two pretty unassailable highlights at least. Aside from that we talk about more patch notes, legendaries and herald a returning segment; The Great Guild Wars 2 Debate! The topic? Does GW2 have an endgame? (don't worry, the opposition puts up a fight)

Also, subscribe to the show!

iTunes | RSS

Streaming Embed (audio only):

Show Notes

Intro music: "The Pentagon" by The Hamster Alliance

Featured Members: , , ,

Run time: 2:43:26

Topics for the week:

• It's episode 24, uno like... oh god. Please skip the first 20 mins to get to the GW2 stuff
    • Another large patch, we're surprised though only somewhat impressed.
    • Legendaries are now out in the wild, check out Shinboy's masterful storytelling and a whole lot of slobbering over Twilight.
    • Finally, the second GW2 Great Debate hits: Does GW2 have an endgame?
    • Topics discussed include the relative merits of GW2's "the endgame is the whole game" approach, in addition to more WvW criticism, personal story sound-offs and Orr talk.

Plugs!

Enjoy! Also, feel free to leave some criticism or feedback - TheLincolncast@gmail.com or @TheLincolncast on Twitter.

Subscription:

iTunes | RSS

Direct Download:

Podbean Direct Download

Mobile Site (for streaming):

Hosted by Podbean

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Branwulf

Good show, not sure what you find so hard about CM though, the only thing in there that's hard is the stupid gate you have to destroy on the second path.

thurbleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thurbleton

Their woe comes centers on a large cave filled with packs of veterans that they can never seem to pull a manageable amount from and thus stick to the 'run till they deaggro' strat to get past them.

Theres lots of things you can do solo at endgame that weren't mentioned. World vs World can be done solo (in that I often just do my own thing while battles are around me like build a catapult and start hitting dudes). Jumping puzzles, but some may argue that is along with world completion (which ironically I CANT do right now because the star you receive for 100% isn't displayed on clones at the moment. Play the trading post (to some strange people that is a game and they enjoy it *shrugs*). Lastly, max out other professions since its free to switch and you don't magically forget anything.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By shinboy630

@Branwulf: A lot of it just seems poorly designed compared to the other dungeons in the game. In addition to that gate part you mentioned, there are a bunch of really tight spaces and hallways that you have to fight in. For a game that encourages a lot of movement in its combat, as well as spreading out as a team, creating a bunch of tight spaces and choke points seems pretty counter-intuitive, especially for one of the lower level dungeons. Also, a lot of the boss fights just straight up suck.

pay928

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By pay928

@Thurbleton said:

Lastly, max out other professions since its free to switch and you don't magically forget anything.

Agreed to post, but it costs ~40s to switch to a max level crafting profession. sPvP/tPvP can also be solo'd, but same as any other team fighting game, not as fun solo but can still test builds, etc.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shinboy630

@Thurbleton said:

Their woe comes centers on a large cave filled with packs of veterans that they can never seem to pull a manageable amount from and thus stick to the 'run till they deaggro' strat to get past them.

To be fair that is actually easier and faster than killing everything, it's just you are bad at running. Notice how Rvaan and I (the two people who had done it before) got by with full health and everyone else who hadn't done it before died :P

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Branwulf

There are ways over getting through all the paths pretty easily, don't know if that's changed since the patch though.

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shinboy630

@Branwulf said:

There are ways over getting through all the paths pretty easily, don't know if that's changed since the patch though.

One of recent patches mentioned something about preventing people from skipping groups, but I am never ever setting foot in that place ever again so I don't know if anything changed in practice.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Heads up to all, we may not be able to do an episode this week (things came up on my end, Noob may be at a camp).

It's in the process of organising now, I'll chime in today or tomorrow when things are clearer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.