Anyone in the PC Beta?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I see that H-Hour is in a PC Beta, or should have been. Did anyone make it into the beta?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take that as a big 'ol "nope". ;-)

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope the GB crew take a look at this at some point. I also want to know what it's like. I was a huge SOCOM fan back in the day.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the GB crew take a look at this at some point. I also want to know what it's like. I was a huge SOCOM fan back in the day.

I think Jeff was a fan of the first two games...well fan would be too strong. He played, was aware of, and found some engagement with the first two games.

Yet, I'm not sure Giant Bomb will look at it. It will come out first on PC and likely it won't get played unless someone on staff thinks it is significant enough that week to look at teh PC game. Yet, by the time it comes out for PS4 it will likely be considered "too old" by the staff and rightfully so. If H-Hour is good the best it can hope for is to be spoken of in the same breath as Rainbow Six Siege. If it is just stupidly good, I mean just so well produced it could get a decent following, then it might get some traction around the forum discussions.

Understand, I am a HUGE fan of the first two games, and I played enough months of #3 to understand why it failed and why it was the beginning of the end. I was in the betas for SOCOM 1, 2 and 3 in fact. So, I'm a huge fan, but I just don't think this title or any title like it can get big without a massive hood and a lot of luck. And that is fine, in fact that might be teh best thing possible profitable enough to keep SOF Studios afloat for a second game, but no so big that teh madding crowd of idiots doesn't tell SOF what they "Really should have done". SOCOM 3 died because Zipper was chasing getting big sales instead of just making a good "distinctive game"