Headset suggestions for next gen consoles

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey fellow duders,

Does anyone have suggestions for a headset to get for the next gen-consoles? I'm completely clueless in this category, but I'm finally going to try and get into the multiplayer scene. I will most likely be playing on PS5, but would like to see if there is one that would be compatible with Series X as well. Do not really care for the bells and whistles, but just want something that can produce great sound and is comfortable. If I had to set a budget, I would say I like to stay within $120.

I did see IGN promoting the Astros A20, but for all I know, this could be ad revenue.

Thanks in advance!

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By navster15

@hhap: The new Sony Pulse wireless headphones for PS5 look really good if you’re leaning towards the newest PlayStation. They’ll also work for Xbox, but only as a wired headset. If you do want to go wireless on Xbox, I’m a big fan of the Arctis Steelseries line.

To be clear, there is no wireless headset that I know of that will work wirelessly with both PlayStation and Xbox. However, most wireless headsets give you the option to plug in, in which case they’ll work with any 3.5 mm jack.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By whitegreyblack

I have not tried it out but I'm seriously tempted by the new Steel Series Arctis 9 Wireless.

It's wireless on PS4/5 and PC with a dongle thingy, has bluetooth, and I'm hoping will plug into an Xbox One or Series S/X controller via the 3.5mm jack (but I have not yet confirmed whether that works). If I do end up pulling the trigger on it, I'll report back on my thoughts about it.

Be aware that it is beyond your stated price limit, though (I believe it is USD$200 / CAD$260 but since before this I was contemplating the Arctis Pro Wireless that went for anywhere between CAD$350-420 I felt this is not so bad).

hack1501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two headsets for gaming; the Playstation Gold and Hyper X Cloud II headsets. I prefer the Hyper X as they are more comfortable, have better sound quality, and a better mic. I got both for $80 on sale. The Hyper X are wired and are stereo when using them on consoles via the 3.5 mm jack on the controllers (they're 7.1 virtual surround on pc). The nice thing about the Playstation gold headset is they are wireless when using the USB dongle in the ps4/5 or pc. Not sure if they will work wirelessly with the Series X but they don't on the Xbox One and need to be plugged in.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

@whitegreyblack: I can vouch for the Arctis9X. It’s probably one of my favorite headsets. I picked one up from Amazon on discount and absolutely love it. Check out their Warehouse Deals for some steep discounts, usually just due to damaged packaging. I think I got mine for somewhere around 160 dollars and it works fine. I just wish it had USB-C and that the volume wheels had a little extra tension to keep them from moving when I lean my head against the back of my recliner.

navster15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctortran: if OP is really price conscious they can also look into older Steelseries models. I have had the 7 for a few years now and they still hold up great. Looks like Amazon still sells them.