General Zod unveiled, confirming leaks (also The Flaming C?)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

Conan O'Brien's "Clueless Gamer" videos are pretty hilarious. If you haven't watched any, do yourself a favor and have a grand old time.

It's not clearly stated that this is the case with every episode, but some publishers have clearly promoted their games thought this series. Eidos sent Conan both Lara Croft and the latest Hitman, for example.

In the latest episode Conan played Injustice: Gods Among Us and unveiled General Zod as the fourth, and, as far as we know, final DLC character for the game (apparently there's more DLC forthcoming). This fully confirms that the leaks which stated Lobo, Batgirl, Scorpion and Zod would be the first four characters to be added to the game were correct, for anyone that was still unconvinced. I probably could think up a character that I wanted in this game more than Zod, but with the Man of Steel movie coming out, where Zod appears to be the main antagonist, this was probably the most logical promotional move. To be fair though, Zod's super move is pretty damn brutal. According to Ed Boon's twitter, a trailer for the character should be available next week.

No Caption Provided

And then came the weird, kinda awesome part. Conan played as his comic-book persona, co-created with Bruce Timm, "The Flaming C". They make no mention of the character being available to the general public, or whether that will ever happen, but he is certainly playing with that character model. It's just a skin over Superman it seems, but still. I want it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here's the video.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Watched this last night and thought two things: 1) I'm glad it's not movie Zod and 2) The fact that Zod has his arms behind his back most of the time is pretty fantastic, as is his super.

Oh, and Ed Boon confirmed on twitter (I think last week) that there will be more DLC characters. How many more, and if there'll be another season pass, is up in the air but he said they are definitely taken from fan requests (so Martian Manhunter) and there are no more guest characters.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@epidehl: Yeah, Martian Manhunter is sure to be a thing. I can't remember which trailer it was but after a fight had ended to show off a character it quickly zoomed in on Martian Manhunter and then the trailer ended.
Sure, they could've done that just to fuck with people or for no reason at all. It was just kinda weird and just screamed "here's a tease"

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epidehl: Yeah, Martian Manhunter is sure to be a thing. I can't remember which trailer it was but after a fight had ended to show off a character it quickly zoomed in on Martian Manhunter and then the trailer ended.

Sure, they could've done that just to fuck with people or for no reason at all. It was just kinda weird and just screamed "here's a tease"

I think that was the Scorpion character trailer.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:
@zeforgotten said:

I think that was the Scorpion character trailer.

Yup, that was it.

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

a.mazing.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The flaming C....That..might make me buy this game.....

Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Hahaha I loved Conan's bashing of Aquaman.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

liking his move set, his super's quite nasty (though I still find it funny the idea of Batman surviving out in space, getting knocked through the moon and surviving re-entry) but his character design is horrid.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

Loading Video...

I don't even have Injustice, but I'm excited for this!

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hunter5024

Creating a secret way to access The Flaming C totally sounds like something they would do. I mean the model already exists.