James McCaffrey has passed away

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cikame

Completely out of the blue, multiple myeloma, he was 65.

I was 12 when Max Payne came out and as a fan of action movies and The Matrix i obviously fell absolutely in love with that game and the title character... and his voice, much like Solid Snake that signature gravel absolutely belongs to the character and cannot be replicated.

I loved Max Payne 2, of course, i loved the nod to the Max Payne character in Alan Wake, i loved his portrayal in Max Payne 3 where McCaffrey really got to let loose and show the full range of that voice, i loved his overarching role as the director in Control, i was really looking forward to seeing him potentially revisit the original Max Payne's in the upcoming remakes.

My heart goes out to his family during this now very sad holiday, but i also want to thank James for bringing a character to life that will live with me forever, pour one out this Christmas for an absolute voice acting legend.

No Caption Provided

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Junkerman

Yep I was surprised when I heard this today. Lost a lot of great voice actors this year.

I still have Alan Wake 2 to get through a head of me so I've got one last journey alongside the man's talent.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Terrible news, I hope his family finds peace. He was excellent in everything I've seen/heard him in.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

As a fan of the Max Payne games, thank you for your talents and may you rest in peace. He was the voice of Max Payne.