Killer Instinct comes to PC with Crossplay and Cross Buy(!)

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ford_Dent

During the PC Game conference last night, Microsoft announced a PC version of Killer Instinct is on the way, and will feature support for Xbone and 360 controllers/fightsticks as well as the ability to play against opponents on the Xbox One and the PC. They also confirmed cross-buy functionality--meaning the characters you bought on the Xbox One will be available to you on the PC. Most importantly (in my opinion), Iron Galaxy will be handling the port themselves, which gives me hope that it will probably work when it releases (none of these High Voltage hack jobs, thank god).

This is huge news, particularly as I at least would like to be able to switch between my PC and the television--I have roommates who occasionally want to watch tv, so being able to fire up KI on my PC when the TV is in use is great (also sometimes I don't feel like leaving my room to fire up the Xbone HEY DON'T JUDGE ME I HAVE A REALLY COMFORTABLE OFFICE CHAIR OKAY). The cross-buy functionality is pretty fucking cool of them--I honestly don't think they could have legitimately done it any other way without pissing everyone off, but it's good news nevertheless.

What do you guys think? Any non-Xbone owners gonna check out KI when it drops on Windows 10?

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consider me interested in this and now i dont need an xbox one

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Will definitely pick it up.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Glad my purchases will transfer over. Don't have an Xbox One fightstick, so I'm more inclined to try it with my 360 Fightstick on PC.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the 360 fightstick compatibility is pretty huge--I use a CronusMAX to use my stick on the Xbone right now and it's fine, but it will be nice to not have to rely on something that's not officially supported by Microsoft. I had a terrible moment over the weekend where it became apparent that an Xbox update had made the Cronus not work anymore, so I had to go hunt down a solution (which turned out to be "remove the batteries from your xbox one controller") and it made me worried I'd not be able to play anymore. This way even if the worst happens and I can't use my fightstick on the Xbone anymore, I'll at least still be able to play Killer Instinct with one.

I think I'm most excited about the influx of new players that will happen as a result of this. New players mean faster matchmaking (and more shadows to fight). Super cool. No sign of a release window yet, but I am waiting as patiently as I know how.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#7  Edited By alistercat

I didn't know about the cross buy, awesome.

ExK4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should be able to make any PS3/4 stick work using something like DS4Windows.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hope it does well, so we get a season 3 of KI.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so is this just on the win 10 app store? or is it coming later?

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool