Killer Is Dead Coming To PC [May 23rd]

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

I wanted to check this game out and now i can, it looks very visually appealing to me.

• The price will be 19.99 EUR/USD/GBP
  • New difficulty mode called Nightmare Mode. In this mode, enemies can only be defeated using the following attacks: Adrenaline Burst, Dodge Burst, Headshots, so the gameplay requires far more skill and tactics. Players will not be able to use the Final Judgement finisher (QTE mode) to defeat enemies.
  • Smooth Operator Pack for console will be included and unlocked after Episode 3.
  • Theater Mode – Rewatch cutscenes and get extended background information on characters, helping to unravel the story after your 1st playthrough

Available: May 23rd, 2014

STEAM LI?NK

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By crithon

hmmmmm deep silver is publishing, fascinating, fascinating.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Holy Shit. This is weird. If it shows up on steam I might buy it again to fiddle around with it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Fuckkkkking sweeeeeeet. I just finished a Suda game for the first time (No More Heroes) a little over a month ago and really enjoyed it. Can't wait to cop this one on steam (I presume on steam).

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know.

The fact Suda may have meant the characters name as a reference to Frank Zappa could help. Nothing I saw about the game did, except for the 2 ladies horse-back riding the huge needle syringes.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@crithon: They published the console versions in Europe.

I hope more people give it a chance. It's a very good game that got more attention for something that takes about 15 minutes of your time, and that's only if you want optional upgrades.The only way you'd get the worst of that stuff is by playing the mini games multiple times. It is easily the best playing of the most recent Suda games, very arcadey.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice, real nice :)

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm really glad somebody told Japan about the PC.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Guys... You have to believe me on this one, this game is pretty good!

I know, I know, your thinking "Dude, it's Suda 51, the gameplay HAS to be ass!"

But, I swear to you! It's fun as hell! It turns out a Witch Time rip off can be fun and satisfying like real Witch Time!

Liam O'Brien is also the villain, so that's pretty good.

Just try to forget the sexist shit

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I kinda want to buy this just to support the idea of Japanese developers releasing on PC.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yay! More Japanese games on PC please. Been wanting to check out this game and now I can.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strife777

This was one of those games where I enjoyed my time through it, but I can't really recommend it to anyone.

I love its craziness, its look and parts of its gameplay, but the story is completely senseless and none of its mechanics are great, just good or average.

I don't know, it's a weird game.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like people who have liked this game have liked it under, somewhat, false pretenses. Hell even the game heading on this site is wrong but Suda51 didn't direct or contribute to the game design of Killer Is Dead, Hideyuki Shin directed the game. Suda51 contributed to the writing of the game, which is a bit of a nonsensical mess without enough personality to the characters to hold the whole thing together.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

playing it already on the PS3. I love the weird visuals and dream-like level designs and general weirdness. Everything is just offset from reality enough to be interesting. But man. Some scenes are hard to endure. I don't know if it's the writing or the voice work or the themes or what. Sometimes it's almost atmospheric and interesting. most of the time I'm just shaking my head and hoping the cutscene ends soon.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Specs

Minimum:

• Processor: 2.0 Ghz or above
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GPU that supports Shader Model 3.0
  • DirectX: Version 10
  • Hard Drive: 13 GB available space

Recommended:

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz(4 CPUs
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 13 GB available space

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So can anyone who has played it compare it to Bayonetta for me? I REALLY loved Bayonetta, also I thought the story made perfect sense and was pretty awesome. If people now say the story is an incoherent mess, do they mean Bayonetta-like incoherent mess or like a different sort of incoherent mess? I also really liked the combat system in Bayonetta (and found it much better than i.e. the one in DMC - didn't play too many games like this so far).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By Humanity
@ectoplasma said:

So can anyone who has played it compare it to Bayonetta for me? I REALLY loved Bayonetta, also I thought the story made perfect sense and was pretty awesome. If people now say the story is an incoherent mess, do they mean Bayonetta-like incoherent mess or like a different sort of incoherent mess? I also really liked the combat system in Bayonetta (and found it much better than i.e. the one in DMC - didn't play too many games like this so far).

It is nothing like Bayonetta. It's a very Japanese game in that it rewards repeated playthroughs and grinding. The combat system is somewhat simplistic although there are a few neat tricks to it - but it's not even close to what Bayonetta is. The story is very strange and you kind of get to see the overall picture behind the Japanese craziness, but it's not fleshed out that well either.

Overall I think it's a neat game to experience but not necessarily an extremely fun game to play. Levels are all very short, very linear and non too exciting with a surprising lack of enemy variety. The combat is alright but nothing to write home about. Despite all this I enjoyed my time with it even though it's not the greatest game in the world. The visual presentation is by far the most exciting thing about the entire experience as well as the previously mentioned crazy plot.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Really and truly the most direct and appropriate analog is that it is basically more No More Heroes but refined in many ways. It has little to nothing in common with games like DMC or Bayonetta.

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7