#1 Posted by NorthSarge (253 posts) -

is Kinect Sports: Rivals too expensive?

I thought about picking it up recently with the idea that I never had an original kinect, and I always thought it could be fun to play around with a dumb, mildly broken kinect thing for awhile. Then. I saw the price, and I said - no. Maybe if it came in at $40 or under I would consider it for a couple hours of dumb kinect playing.

Now, Maybe it's worth 60 & I just don't know. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by BigJeffrey (5139 posts) -

totally, i wish they would have released a version where i could buy each sport separately. I'd totally buy tennis and bowling and actually put this paper weight camera to use.

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (5027 posts) -

60 seems like the right price for it. It's a next gen game and there doesn't look like there is anything about the game that makes me think it should not be full priced.

#4 Posted by NorthSarge (253 posts) -

@zombie2011: But is it? Just because it's a "next gen" sports game collection doesn't make it any more appealing to me. Next gen should not justify the game price - I would gladly pay more for a quality game, but not just because it has a "next gen" tag on it. The kinect still has a lot to prove, at least to me - I was simply asking if the people that had played it feel like they got their moneys worth.

@bigjeffrey: Yes. I would probably do that as well. I feel like the only thing i use the damn kinect for is to smile at it while it thinks about signing me in when I turn the console on.

#5 Posted by BigJeffrey (5139 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Yes. I would probably do that as well. I feel like the only thing i use the damn kinect for is to smile at it while it thinks about signing me in when I turn the console on.

he, the only reason i have it plugged in is because it turns on my TV which is by far the best thing about this console lol.

#6 Posted by NorthSarge (253 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Actually true. It also turns on my sound system, which is pretty convenient... however, i've been playing dark souls 2, on 360, a lot and I talk on skype while I play - i accidentally turn my xbox one on through voice and it turns off my tv and sound system. which is have to then manually change everything back on :(