What weapon class are you using?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When I found a staff and swung it around I was totally on board with this game. Then I found a big axe that could destroy the guard of most lesser enemies, and that was pretty cool.

What are you using?

VioleGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't got the game , but when i do , i plan to mostly focus on magic , how does magic work in this game ? didn't see much talk regarding that topic , is there a mana bar ?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Claws right now, every different type of dual wield weapon has a different timing, and the speed of the weapon further influences this which makes the skill cap for this game ridiculously high; assuming you wanted to be good with everything.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is there a ranged main, like a bow or crossbow? Or just that gauntlet thing Vinny has in the quicklook?

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Arrowhead, it is amazing.
Been using it for 3 hours since I got them.

@sterling said:

Is there a ranged main, like a bow or crossbow? Or just that gauntlet thing Vinny has in the quicklook?

Doesn't look like it. You have a gauntlet, you can decide a fire mode and insert runes to get certain special effects.
Like damage over time, phasing an enemy out.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't got the game , but when i do , i plan to mostly focus on magic , how does magic work in this game ? didn't see much talk regarding that topic , is there a mana bar ?

I'm still pretty early on, but I don't think magic is a huge focus in the game. The Cleric is the most magical, though all three classes have magic. I think the Cleric just starts off with a bit of an advantage on the mana pool, not sure if he uses less mana or regenerates faster, etc. I'm playing warrior/brawler.

You get your 4 or 5 basic spells and a gauntlet. My understanding is that later in the game the gauntlet can be either modified or maybe you find other gauntlets. You start with a projectile, grenade and area blast gauntlet. I've heard you get flamethrower types, gauntlets that cause status effects, etc. It uses a ton of MP, so the cleric will have an advantage there later game, I guess. It also seems to be the ONLY ranged weapon. Even the Cleric needs to get in close, being the medium armor class.

I always play either rogue/assassin/thief types or mage/wizard/sorceress types. I went big tank in this one for a change, though after not very long I got a bit tired of my super slow weapons and switched to a slightly faster axe. Been using The Butcher, before that I had some kind of great axe or I used the first boss's sword (pestilence or persistance or something...) It's cool that you can switch armor and weapons with ease. I kinda wish I would have gone rogue.

Murgatroyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a couple hours in (at the Worshipper) and I've found the gauntlet to be really quite useful, once I got a handle on the button combination to switch between it and the sword/shield. Helps immensely in getting through armor, especially dudes with gigantic shields. Haven't found much use for anything other than projectile mode yet though, can't seem to hit anything with the shotgun mode and the area blast just takes too long to charge in combat with a group. Also for those with questions about magic, it's basically a mana bar that's shared between your chosen classes 3 spells and your ranged attacks. Recharges over time, I don't think you can boost it with anything other than consumables, which aren't too common so far. Seems to charge faster in combat but that may just be me getting distracted rather than any sort of legit mechanic.

Using a 1 handed Faith hammer called Pain as a Cleric. I think the speed of the one handed hammer weapons can be totally workable, though I did use a staff at one point and that looked really cool to swing. Didn't stagger enough for my taste though. Tried a 1 handed axe once, maybe it was that weapon in particular but swinging a 75% speed weapon was unbearably slow.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@murgatroyd: Yup I know that axe. It's the one you get from chopping the monk's arm off, I think. And, yeah, it might be the slowest weapon of its size in the game.

Also, is everyone else still unable to do any damage with Greatsword ripostes? Really hoped they'd have patched that by now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@amir90: Turns out Arrowhead doesn't drop off commander if you fulfill the special conditions. I believe Needles are still better, though it's pretty difficult to get them in the early game (rogues seem to have the easiest time with spiders though).

I used every dex weapon type extensively over my 25 hours except for staves, which seem quite difficult to use to maximum effect. You get a ridiculous axe about halfway through the game for dex builds, though there are still better weapons and DW weapons with much less damage can still outperform it if used skillfully. There's 4 comparable weapons at the endgame for dex builds (that I found), though some of them are random drops and some of them are in secret locations. I guess I prefer fist weapons since their one handed R2 chain is amazing in addition to having the crazy DW damage output.

The Cleric spell that slows time is amazing for letting you use virtually any weapon however you like.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been using an axe I found in a chest. Does as much damage as my biggest sword, and swings just as fast as a small sword. I'm liking it a lot. I also really like the back stab animations for it.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been pretty happy with the paladin class. seems to fit my play style, I can shrug off some damage and have good spells for healing and disabling the enemy. Just staying with heavy gear STR heavy and a Faith base of 18. putting some in end for the energy as my real dmg dealer is my meat and potatoes. But shelter is a real life saver, does save some serious dmg and regens health fast at lvl 3. Just have to go 2H if i want to deal some good dmg, just got punishment so intrested in that path. fun game :)

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geirr

I'm a cleric, tons of Faith, currently rocking the Qamar staff (which I found really early in the game but with its faith scaling and speed I just can't throw it away) though I mostly use my glyphed gauntlet for killing. No shields needed so far.