Anyone know if the Extras DLC was removed?

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently got a new ps3 and wanted to replay mgs4. I can't connect to the extras server at all. I'm not sure if its just down due to the recent ddos shit, or if it was removed entirely.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NTM

Hm, not sure. Good question. Wish I could help. I know you can't do MGO though as they stopped that. You got some cool suits out of the extras though, and more music.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Does that also mean you can't access their Metal Gear styled Wikipedia? It's been years since I've looked (can't remember if it even looked like wikipedia just that it was loaded with information...) and was never able to get MGO working so I'm curious. Was music and suits the only thing you got from MGO?

JimmySmiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#5  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I believe the extra downloads were taken down at some point in time, but I'm not positive. I do vaguely remember re-downloading that stuff under the impression it was going away though. If they were taken down it was definitely post MGO shutdown, as I had to make new save data to get trophies and I redownloaded everything.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mason20

@zombieslayingin3d: Wow, I'm glad that is still available. That seemed like an exceptional amount of work to just deactivate it. Thanks!

dasmeister22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

I feel like I remember news stories going up telling people to download all that nonsense because it was going down like @TechnoSyndrome says

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LoktarOgar

@pie said:

I feel like I remember news stories going up telling people to download all that nonsense because it was going down like @TechnoSyndrome says

I've been googling about this myself for a few days now since I can't connect to the server either (when it appears to be connecting, it just freezes up and doesn't even allow me to back out, forcing me to quit the game through the XMB), but I haven't found any news articles or anything.