Will it be available for download at midnight tonight?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Titles says it all. I'll download on the PSN store for my PS4.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator  Online

I'm going to speculate that the answer is yes. However, I can't say whether it will be midnight EDT or PDT.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

@chaser324: It almost always seems like PST so...us east coasters always end up getting fucked.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By strainedeyes

Since the game is not up for pre-order on the PS4 PSN store, I'm going to say no. You'll have to wait until the store updates tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that the PS4 version isn't available for pre-order, it's almost guaranteed that it won't be up until the store updates. Hopefully that will be sooner than last week(it fucking better be).

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS4 version isn't available for pre order so you have to wait until the PS store updates at 5PM EST.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

It's pretty nuts that neither MS or Sony have managed to form any consistency with scheduling of new releases on their digital storefronts. I know that it probably varies depending on the developer, publisher, and/or how much retailers complain, but by this point somebody has to know something definitive.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I got it for PS3 and it says it will be available to download at 12:01 AM EST. This means 11:00 PM for me because of where I live. I don't see any reason why the PS4 version can't be released at the same time as the PS3 version.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@chaser324: Seriously. If they want people to start taking digital seriously especially in a world where steam is killing it on PC doing just that they need to have this stuff available for the people who want it when the clock strikes midnight and on top of that pre-loading would be hella rad. I'd consider buying more digital stuff if all I had to do was boot up the system go through an auth check to decrypt the files and away you go.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By crithon

so long as there's a pre load, then the whole waiting for unlock isn't too bad unless there's some weird patch in the first couple hours.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaser324: Seriously. If they want people to start taking digital seriously especially in a world where steam is killing it on PC doing just that they need to have this stuff available for the people who want it when the clock strikes midnight and on top of that pre-loading would be hella rad. I'd consider buying more digital stuff if all I had to do was boot up the system go through an auth check to decrypt the files and away you go.

Steam doesn't do that.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

@demoskinos: I don't even necessarily need pre-loads or midnight release (although that would be really nice). At this point, I'd be happy with just consistent and clear messaging on when any given game will be available.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chaser324: the Xbox store updates at 3am pst (Always has). But recently titanfall came out at midnight so if this does not hit midnight on live it's probably them being lazy.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

@bigjeffrey: Yeah, PSN and XBLA schedules were pretty solid on PS3/360, but I guess I'm less certain about that now that we're moving into post-launch retail games on PS4/Xbox One.

Titanfall was midnight pacific time, so I suspect this will be as well. PS3 is pretty much confirmed for midnight eastern, so is it safe to assume the same on PS4?

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really need to stop lumping Live in with PSN when it comes to this - the latest I've had a game or DLC appear for download on live is 2 am the day it was to be released (Tiny Tina's for BL2). Most everything else has shown up at midnight-1am local time for me.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

If this is yet another case where I either can't buy it early enough, or I can still drive to a story and buy it faster than I can download it because I can't start downloading it until tomorrow, then that sucks! I was all for buying this game digitally, but I may end up buying it in a store.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Stick of Truth was on the PS3 PSN when I woke up at 8AM, long before that week's actual update went up.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@nodima: Yeah, now that I think about it, it's usually only the free stuff on PS+ and the sales that take forever to update. They're usually good about getting the full price new stuff up on the store.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It is on the store for PS4 now. It can't be purchased yet, but it is now there under day 1 digital

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BradBrains

I'm interested to know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be able to play it on play station till 6pm tomorrow

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested to know what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if you won't be able to play it on play station till 6pm tomorrow

It'll be ready tonight. It has already been added to the store in the past hour. My guess it unlocks after midnight for purchase. They wouldn't have added it this evening only for it to not be purchased until tomorrow evening.

Avatar image for paganostaghetti
Paganostaghetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ground Zeroes seems to be up and ready to download now for PS4, I'd assume PS3 as well.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is time

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's up on Live. 4.58 GB for Xbox One...downloading now.

Bradenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently the game got delayed and won't be available until the 27th. I've preordered the digital edition on psn hopefully this isn't effected

Bradenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know anything about this?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By mike

@bradenaj: I don't know where you hear that, but the game is out now.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By newmoneytrash

It's not out until the 27th in Australia (which is bummer for meee), but it hasn't been delayed

Bradenaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh shmutz sorry guys yeah I'm in Aus, any Aussie guys got it going?