zzz666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello

I'm planning to buy a game key from cdkeys.com so I have two questions:

1- Is this site safe and legit? I saw that they sell MGSV for 50% off.

2- Is it possible to play the game without internet connection? After downloading the game and activating it online for the first time then can I set Steam to offline mode and play the game without internet connection all time? I'm only interested in the single player campaign not FOBs.

Thank you

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rethla

@zzz666: You can play it completly offline but unless you are trying to save bandwith for your dataplan or something there really is no reason for it.

Theres lot of daily bonuses and events and stuff you get access to if you play online even if you never deal with FOBs. FOBs are part of the singelplayercampain though.

zzz666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it true that the game requires re-activation every day, or on certain times like a schedule? Or you only activate it for the first launch and it is over? Because this game uses Denuvo DRM and I heard that so I want to be sure because where I want to play the game there is no internet connection at all.

Thank you

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ToastMan

I have it on PS4 and there's this awful system that takes your money away whenever you're offline. It can actually make you completely broke in no time unless you get back online. I was once disconnected due to WiFi issues, and within minutes I was down over a Million GMP.

I don't know if it's still this way on PC, but it still exist on PS4 and I'm really surprised that Konami didn't take it out yet. Sooo annoying!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By rethla

@toastman: Well in truth it takes your money away when youre online and you dont get them back unless you come back online again (they ship your money to your online FOB). If you only play offline you wouldnt be affected by that. It kinda is like banks in irl, if the banks go down you are royally screwed.

You can start and play MGSV offline on PC but i dont know if it would require you to reactivate it online after some time.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I've XBL Gold codes from CD Keys and haven't had a problem.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite the super dodgy name (I mean cdkeys? Really? Ok...) and kinda crappy website design cdkeys.com is actually a completely legit website. It's actually linked to quite frequently from big VG news websites like IGN etc. when they do weekly deals articles.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just tried playing MGSV with Steam in offline mode, it worked. I was missing most of my money though. Since you'll be playing entirely offline, maybe none of your GMP will get stored in your FOBs?