Mission 51 (spoilers)

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoOzak

I just beat the game and i'll admit i'm a little pissed, which is weird because I loved the time I spent with it and didnt feel cheated by the amount of content. (which is ridiculous) I think it's mostly due to the fact that there are so many loose threads which dont get dealt with and the end felt a little anti climatic. So much so that I didnt believe that was it. And as it turns out it wasnt meant to be. So for those who havent done the research i'll just let the video fill you in. (apologies if this has already been posted)

So what do you think? Does that add any closure for those that felt let down by how the game ended? I've personally been avoiding any media relating to the game for months so i'm just going to assume people are pissed by the whole Venom (Phantom) Snake thing, which is kind of dumb but sort of comical in a MGS2 hero worship/trolling kind of way.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems like it would have been a cool mission. I will say this ... there might be a lot more coming to this game depending what threads and speculations you read. Only time will tell.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@grixxel said:

It seems like it would have been a cool mission. I will say this ... there might be a lot more coming to this game depending what threads and speculations you read. Only time will tell.

''Time'' aka we'll know that stuff is a hoax in 24 hours. (please oh god don't be a hoax)

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont understand what loose threads? Eli? who cares! that character was used poorly and i was glad when he left. This game is all about Venom snake, big boss, and how his actual freinds deal with whats really going on, and in that regard i think this story is very well told, and if you pay close attention to the end answers questions from Metal Gear 2, not MGS2, MG2.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@brotherbran: I just finished watching the "trailers" video for metal gear scanlon and the last trailer specifically says find out how "A legendary hero has sunken to evil" and I dont recall being told that throughout MGSV. I learned how he manipulated one of his best men to do his bidding but that's it. And even Venom Snake's actions are justified. There didnt seem to be much of an arc for any of the characters besides maby Huey who just got more dickish as the game went on. I havent leveled up Quiet though in all fairness, maby she's actually an interesting character and not just fan service.

I liked the game a lot but I felt like story wise and character wise this is by far the weakest Metal Gear Solid game. Those trailers are fucking incredible though.

Avatar image for deactivated-587b6acd5d124
deactivated-587b6acd5d124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Just like Keifer's VO at the end says, Venom Snake becomes a part of the Big Boss legend. Whether he went on operation Snake Eater or not, to the world, and eventually Solid Snake, he's a legendary hero who sunk to evil.

Not to say this was done perfectly, but it was clear they didn't get to finish the game they wanted to, so they did what they could. It seemed like even though there was some unresolved stuff, they were at least going for that bait and switch from the beginning.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak said:

@brotherbran: I just finished watching the "trailers" video for metal gear scanlon and the last trailer specifically says find out how "A legendary hero has sunken to evil" and I dont recall being told that throughout MGSV. I learned how he manipulated one of his best men to do his bidding but that's it. And even Venom Snake's actions are justified. There didnt seem to be much of an arc for any of the characters besides maby Huey who just got more dickish as the game went on. I havent leveled up Quiet though in all fairness, maby she's actually an interesting character and not just fan service.

I liked the game a lot but I felt like story wise and character wise this is by far the weakest Metal Gear Solid game. Those trailers are fucking incredible though.

The way i read that was just a classic Kojima Red Hearing, the whole point is that to the people around him, he wasnt a villain. This massive army with a ton of weapons and no allegiance may be a threat to the people who sent Solid Snake in to kill them, but in the end we find out that they are the most evil organization in the series. To me this is classic metal gear, like thinking ocelot has been taken over by the only obvious evil person in the series, only to find out he did that to himself to fight the patriots.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mission 51 doesn't really do anything other than show what happened to Sahelanthropus. Not actually a big deal. Everything else, besides the Sahelanthropus fight and few other minor things, I loved about the game. Definitely my game of the year.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's really disappointing that this stuff got cut from the game. It leaves a major plot hole in its wake (or, rather, the game as it doesn't cover what happened to Eli and the rest), and that boss fight sounds like it could have been rad.

Big bummer.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Quarters

While it looks like a cool mission, I feel the current ending is much more thematically and dramatically appropriate. Mission 51 just seems like a DLC mission. I mean, there wasn't that much of a loose thread left on those two by the end of the game. That's kind of what MGS1 is for. Sure, this elaborates on it a bit, but I actually would be bummed if this was the ending, because it's all about Liquid's development, and absolutely just about nothing about Venom Snake or the main plot or theme of the game.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@grixxel said:

''Time'' aka we'll know that stuff is a hoax in 24 hours. (please oh god don't be a hoax)

Imagine how cool a city area would be, with 5-10 new missions.