PS4 Performance Issues (Rest mode is the enemy)

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Fair warning to those thinking about buying this, might want to wait for a patch. I played through it a month ago and it ran perfectly fine, maybe a very rare dip but generally smooth the entire time. Decided to start up a new playthrough today: now it's running at less than 25 FPS during the normal game and maybe like 10-15 during cutscenes. Brilliant move on Sony's part.

Note: Game's still awesome even at a shitty framerate, first four captains I saw all had new lines and new characteristics I didn't see the first time around.

Edit: Fixed by rebooting the PS4, super difficult solution; just never ever use Rest mode I guess. Power saving, framerate killing.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The captain shit will wear on you, trust me. It loses it's luster when you get to the point you're shitting all over them; their dialogue just doesn't really fit at that point.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By planetfunksquad

We talking post-2.02? Damn, that sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

***Did my post get deleted? I mentioned how much it sucks and wish Sony wouldn't mess up 80 different things every patch***

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By a_e_martin

Strange that it's affecting cutscenes, since they're pre-rendered. I guess it's loading during them and making the video stutter?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Sucks. Mordor stands out to me because nothing in it rubbed me the wrong way (technical performance included!)

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Ugh. Come on, Sony. This shit is getting ridiculous.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Thanks, I was thinking of picking it up on PS4. It was at least nice to hear that it ran well at one point, mabe they'll fix it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hmm from what I played of it pre-firmware 2.02 it didn't exactly have an ideal frame rate (usually below 30 but probably not below 25). I'll have to go back and see how much worse the performance is now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@jacksukeru: You should definitely still play the game in some form, but yeah. Still fantastic and not at all the developer's fault.

I kept right on playing anyway, in fact I can't stop. Guess it's going to be another 20 straight hours to platinuming the game a second time, give or take a Birdman inbetween. Such a great game, totally negates any foolish notion to buy Unity.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Panelhopper

I've just fired the game up and haven't had any problems. Perhaps it's a memory leak on your console.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zeik

I literally played through the whole thing just this week and it ran perfectly fine.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#13  Edited By sarahsdad

Not to just "me too" it, but I played last night for a good hour or so, and then again this afternoon for about a half hour without noticing any issues.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I fired up Destiny and that's running perfectly fine so I'm relatively sure it's not the PS4 I'm using. The video I captured for it might actually contradict me but it definitely seemed like it was running worse; no clue what the deal is.

Seems inconclusive so feel free to lock or delete the thread, I'll make another one if I can get a good capture of it.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not to just "me too" it, but I played last night for a good hour or so, and then again this afternoon for about a half hour without noticing any issues.

Same

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Well it's definitely not just me, I guess I could try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Managed to fix it, hurray. Rest mode is out to get you. @jacksukeru: You can feel safe buying it now.