Avatar image for visceralbishop24
VisceralBishop24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Edited By VisceralBishop24

Well, it's finally here. After 3.5 years of owning an Xbox 360 I finally achieved the goal of 200k GamerScore. Although most of my friends either have more than that, or are close, I figured I would celebrate it with a blog post. If you read my 100k GS and beyond post from two years ago, you already know that I got my 360 in August of 2007. Ever since November of 2007 I've been addicted to gaining achievements, and it has since led me to where we are today. I achieved the coveted 200k mark less than 2 years after I got 100k GamerScore. Not impressive by some standards, but for me it was, seeing as how it took me 2.5 years just to achieve 100k GamerScore. Although my completion % is not great, around 50%, and I've only completed 82 games, I'm still happy where I'm at. Yeah, I don't have 80% or 90% completion percentage, but that's okay by me. 200k GamerScore is a huge milestone in the Xbox 360 community, and I can finally say I reached that milestone.

The achievement that gave me 200k was:

Don't Let It Go To Your Head
Get sponsored in Legacy Mode

I figured it was an appropriate achievement for such a special occasion. After playing through some Power Gig: Rise of the Six String last night, I needed only 10 points. I did not want to go over 200k, and I wanted to get the milestone with a game that was a good game that I enjoyed playing. Fight Night Champion had just been released this past Tuesday, so I figured that would be perfect. So I went on a hunt to find a 10GS achievement, and I ran across this one. All I had to do was win my first 9 fights in Legacy Mode and that was it. I easily did that, and 200k GamerScore was mine.

Who would I like to thank? Well, it's hard to list them all, so if I miss you, please don't take offense, I definitely don't mean too. Most of you probably won't know who I'm thanking, but that's okay. You'll get to see and read about all of the nice and fantastic people I've met over the past 3.5 on Xbox Live.

ThrawnOmega - My captain for "The Hand of Thrawn" in two GSL's. And although we didn't win, we had fun gaining achievements, and just goofing off in party chat. He gave me a chance to be on his team, and tried my best not to let him down gaining over 20k during my first GSL. Thanks Thrawn, and I know you'll beat Xylo. Nobody can win a GamerScore race who can't tell a "that's what she said" joke. =P Only kidding Xylo, good luck to you as well.

BL4CK SiLv4 - Ah, the token black guy in our little group. Want to have discussion about politics, video game, or anything in general? Well, Silva is your guy. The man is hilarious, and somebody I'm glad to say I've met on Xbox Live. He was also on "The Hand of Thrawn", and was the guy who kept the party going until the wee hours of the morning. He was at one point significantly ahead of me in GamerScore, but his job got in the way of his gaming time, and I eventually passed him. However, he's only about 11k away, so I know he'll get there by the summer.

The rest of "Hand of Thrawn" - Sabre, Xylo, Derek, and even Bionik, It's been a pleasure meeting each of you. I know Sabre has been busy with the Army, but when you come back I know you'll be going full swing towards 100k GamerScore. Xylo, I have a feeling you'll pass Thrawn (sorry Thrawn).

Fraggs.net - Yes, the site I wrote for and no longer write for. This is the site that helped me put my foot in the door in the gaming industry as a writer. For that I thoroughly thank Michael, the owner of it, and the fine staff for the site and magazine for giving such an amazing opportunity. Although we left on bad terms, mainly my fault, I still plan to support the magazine, and I wish them nothing but the best with all future endeavors.

Twitter People - Yes, I joined Twitter a year ago this month. After bashing it and calling it useless, I've come to enjoy it. Yes, you get the occasional trolls, spam bots, etc., but the majority of the people I met on there are nice people. It's been a pleasure meeting, gaming, and getting to know some of you over the past year, and I expect to meet more in the next year, and on my march to 300k GamerScore.

SFX-360 - Although I've only been writing for them for just over a month now, I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've already written two reviews for the site, You Don't Know Jack and Body & Brain Connection, and a slew of news articles as well. I have to thank them for giving me the opportunity to write for them, and I look forward to the bright future ahead.

X360A - How could I forget the site that got me into achievements? I remember searching for the achievement list for Dance Dance Revolution 2. Why? I really don't remember, but I came across x360.org. I immediately signed up on the forums, and ever since then the site has helped me out tremendously. The amazing people over there, Webb, Minty, Pants, and the amazing people who write the achievement guides all deserve a pat on the back. They do an amazing job, and all I have left to say is keep up the good work.

Everyone else - StophJ, Krazie, Creech, CougarSlayer530, Dex, Wiki, Molneze, Bota, and anybody else I missed. People told me meeting intelligent gamers over Xbox Live would never happen, and yet here I am writing about them. It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and playing some crazy games with you all as well. Although we never met in person, partying it up in party chat with you guys was always fun.

My apologies to everyone if I rambled on, or if this made absolutely no sense to some of you, but I didn't make a big post when I hit 100k GamerScore, so I figured I would for the 200k mark. If I forgot to thank you, I sincerely apologize. It's been a crazy 3.5 years on Xbox Live. It's been a pleasure meeting some of you guys/gals. Hopefully this time next year I'll be celebrating some of you getting 100k Gamerscore (Sabre, DarkTharen), and maybe even a few 200k as well, (Silva, Thrawn, Xylo). Either way thanks for the great 3.5 years, and 200k GamerScore, and I hope to see you all at the 300k mark.    
VisceralBishop24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By VisceralBishop24

Well, it's finally here. After 3.5 years of owning an Xbox 360 I finally achieved the goal of 200k GamerScore. Although most of my friends either have more than that, or are close, I figured I would celebrate it with a blog post. If you read my 100k GS and beyond post from two years ago, you already know that I got my 360 in August of 2007. Ever since November of 2007 I've been addicted to gaining achievements, and it has since led me to where we are today. I achieved the coveted 200k mark less than 2 years after I got 100k GamerScore. Not impressive by some standards, but for me it was, seeing as how it took me 2.5 years just to achieve 100k GamerScore. Although my completion % is not great, around 50%, and I've only completed 82 games, I'm still happy where I'm at. Yeah, I don't have 80% or 90% completion percentage, but that's okay by me. 200k GamerScore is a huge milestone in the Xbox 360 community, and I can finally say I reached that milestone.

The achievement that gave me 200k was:

Don't Let It Go To Your Head
Get sponsored in Legacy Mode

I figured it was an appropriate achievement for such a special occasion. After playing through some Power Gig: Rise of the Six String last night, I needed only 10 points. I did not want to go over 200k, and I wanted to get the milestone with a game that was a good game that I enjoyed playing. Fight Night Champion had just been released this past Tuesday, so I figured that would be perfect. So I went on a hunt to find a 10GS achievement, and I ran across this one. All I had to do was win my first 9 fights in Legacy Mode and that was it. I easily did that, and 200k GamerScore was mine.

Who would I like to thank? Well, it's hard to list them all, so if I miss you, please don't take offense, I definitely don't mean too. Most of you probably won't know who I'm thanking, but that's okay. You'll get to see and read about all of the nice and fantastic people I've met over the past 3.5 on Xbox Live.

ThrawnOmega - My captain for "The Hand of Thrawn" in two GSL's. And although we didn't win, we had fun gaining achievements, and just goofing off in party chat. He gave me a chance to be on his team, and tried my best not to let him down gaining over 20k during my first GSL. Thanks Thrawn, and I know you'll beat Xylo. Nobody can win a GamerScore race who can't tell a "that's what she said" joke. =P Only kidding Xylo, good luck to you as well.

BL4CK SiLv4 - Ah, the token black guy in our little group. Want to have discussion about politics, video game, or anything in general? Well, Silva is your guy. The man is hilarious, and somebody I'm glad to say I've met on Xbox Live. He was also on "The Hand of Thrawn", and was the guy who kept the party going until the wee hours of the morning. He was at one point significantly ahead of me in GamerScore, but his job got in the way of his gaming time, and I eventually passed him. However, he's only about 11k away, so I know he'll get there by the summer.

The rest of "Hand of Thrawn" - Sabre, Xylo, Derek, and even Bionik, It's been a pleasure meeting each of you. I know Sabre has been busy with the Army, but when you come back I know you'll be going full swing towards 100k GamerScore. Xylo, I have a feeling you'll pass Thrawn (sorry Thrawn).

Fraggs.net - Yes, the site I wrote for and no longer write for. This is the site that helped me put my foot in the door in the gaming industry as a writer. For that I thoroughly thank Michael, the owner of it, and the fine staff for the site and magazine for giving such an amazing opportunity. Although we left on bad terms, mainly my fault, I still plan to support the magazine, and I wish them nothing but the best with all future endeavors.

Twitter People - Yes, I joined Twitter a year ago this month. After bashing it and calling it useless, I've come to enjoy it. Yes, you get the occasional trolls, spam bots, etc., but the majority of the people I met on there are nice people. It's been a pleasure meeting, gaming, and getting to know some of you over the past year, and I expect to meet more in the next year, and on my march to 300k GamerScore.

SFX-360 - Although I've only been writing for them for just over a month now, I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I've already written two reviews for the site, You Don't Know Jack and Body & Brain Connection, and a slew of news articles as well. I have to thank them for giving me the opportunity to write for them, and I look forward to the bright future ahead.

X360A - How could I forget the site that got me into achievements? I remember searching for the achievement list for Dance Dance Revolution 2. Why? I really don't remember, but I came across x360.org. I immediately signed up on the forums, and ever since then the site has helped me out tremendously. The amazing people over there, Webb, Minty, Pants, and the amazing people who write the achievement guides all deserve a pat on the back. They do an amazing job, and all I have left to say is keep up the good work.

Everyone else - StophJ, Krazie, Creech, CougarSlayer530, Dex, Wiki, Molneze, Bota, and anybody else I missed. People told me meeting intelligent gamers over Xbox Live would never happen, and yet here I am writing about them. It was a pleasure meeting you guys, and playing some crazy games with you all as well. Although we never met in person, partying it up in party chat with you guys was always fun.

My apologies to everyone if I rambled on, or if this made absolutely no sense to some of you, but I didn't make a big post when I hit 100k GamerScore, so I figured I would for the 200k mark. If I forgot to thank you, I sincerely apologize. It's been a crazy 3.5 years on Xbox Live. It's been a pleasure meeting some of you guys/gals. Hopefully this time next year I'll be celebrating some of you getting 100k Gamerscore (Sabre, DarkTharen), and maybe even a few 200k as well, (Silva, Thrawn, Xylo). Either way thanks for the great 3.5 years, and 200k GamerScore, and I hope to see you all at the 300k mark.    
jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By jeff

Nice going!

VisceralBishop24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VisceralBishop24

Thanks Jeff. Couldn't have played some of the crappy game I played without the help of Giant Bomb and their Quick Looks!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

That's hardcore. I was listening to that 8 hour highlights reel of on the spot from 2006, and Jeff talking about the world number 1 in gamerscore with about 70k....

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Jayzilla

Congrats! You may want to try for another cool achievement like climbing to the top of a mountain. You seem driven enough to reach heights far more important than gamer scores. kudos though.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

Insane. The only games that I have 90% completion are the short XBLA games.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By craigbo180

I'll give you props but you should know that... you crazy.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrPockets000

Damn.  I'm at 36k, the most of all my friends, and I thought that was a lot.  Well done.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow

That's quite an...ACHIEVEMENT

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By MetalBaofu

Congrats, dude.  I just broke 100k a few months ago....got a long ways to go before I get to 200k....even longer now that I have a PS3 to distract me from 360 gaming.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By ssj4raditz

Man, I know a guy who's got something like 150K, and I though that was a lot! Quite the accomplishment, my friend. Well done.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60

I only have 40k I hope to one day reach 100k! It will only happen if the next xbox keeps your gamerscore.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Holy Shit, I've owned one since 2006 and I'm just at 16000. Congrats, man.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By wefwefasdf

That's awesome. Hope to see another one at 1 million!

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By RobertOrri

Congratulations! I'll never understand why people play through awful games purely for points, but as long as you enjoy it...

The only horrendous game I can admit to having 1000 GS on is Jumper, and that's really only because I got the thing for free and decided to spend an afternoon with it. I will never get that time back.

What would you say were the worst games you've slogged through?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By buzz_clik

Nice work indeed! Very impressive.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Yo dawg dat's awesome! Seriously great job and please keep going!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zeforgotten

Christ 
I've had 360s since launch (yes, more than one obviously) and I'm not even at 20k yet. 

VisceralBishop24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By VisceralBishop24
@RobertOrri:  @RobertOrri said:

" Congratulations! I'll never understand why people play through awful games purely for points, but as long as you enjoy it...

The only horrendous game I can admit to having 1000 GS on is Jumper, and that's really only because I got the thing for free and decided to spend an afternoon with it. I will never get that time back.  What would you say were the worst games you've slogged through? "

Very easy question actually, Infernal: Hell's Revenge was atrocious. I believe it was a PC game ported over to the Xbox 360. I recently just played MorphX and it was not a good game by any means. But Terminator: Salvation, Hannah Montana: The Movie, My Horse and Me 2 (yes, I played those games), Baja 1000, and others, but those are the only ones I can name off the top of my head. 

Thanks to everybody for congratulation me!  I know GamerScore isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I figured I would just post this up and see what happened.