24 is Back. That may or may not be a good thing.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#1  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Remember 24? Remember how the first two seasons were awesome? Remember how the most recent season sucked? Well after a while it's finally back... and seems to be following the formula that every other season of the show has so far. (Jack is in trouble, Jack needed for national security, Jack goes to find a lead to the terrorists, and then proceeds to beat the crap out of anyone that gets in his way)

HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS

Of course the twist this time is that Tony Almeida has somehow survived getting injected with torture drugs in the heart in season 5 and now is leading a group of terrorists to hack the firewall that protects all the stuff that Americans need (power, water, etc.) Also CTU is gone as well, so now they have an excuse not to have the show set in LA. Instead it's in Washington DC with a whole new cast of characters (thankfully the ever obnoxious Chloe is not in these two episodes, but she will come back to haunt us again with her antisocial behavior and her tendency to help Jack break the law because I saw her in the preview). Wait, didn't they do that last season? Didn't those characters suck? The first two episodes are exactly as expected (i.e. The initial premise for the show is abandoned by the end of the premere) and by the end of the Second one they already have Tony in custody. Figures. Obviously there are 22 episodes to go, but this may be an indicator that they might just do the same things they always do. Of course they may just surprise us. Who knows? Discuss.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Not even going to give it a chance from the Redemption thing, its gonna be awful and I can already tell.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I edited your post...the show just started 30 minutes ago on the West coast.  Luckily I was able to stop reading before anything got ruined for me, hopefully this will help others as well :)

Please be careful about spoilers like this.

cantona222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cantona222

It is not a a good thing actually. I didn't like season 1 and I stopped watching it afterward.