MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

Edited By MachoFantastico

90TH ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD WAR ONE!

Ceremonies around the world have been taking place to remember those who fought bravely in World War One 90 years ago. France, Australia, Great Britain and many other countries are remembering those who kept this world free from evil and gave their lives for us all to live a free and happy life. So I think it's hugely important we never forget that terrible war. I'd like to think that if ever my country was in such danger again I would do the same, but I don't think I have the courage that the men and women of the time had to both risk and lose their lives the way they did. Of course Armistice Day isn't a time only just to remember those who lost their lives in World War one, it's a time to remember those who have perished in later wars such as World War Two and of course the current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. We shall never forget them.

So we thank them for their sacrifice and allowing us to who ever we are. We shall never forget!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

90TH ANNIVERSARY OF WORLD WAR ONE!

Ceremonies around the world have been taking place to remember those who fought bravely in World War One 90 years ago. France, Australia, Great Britain and many other countries are remembering those who kept this world free from evil and gave their lives for us all to live a free and happy life. So I think it's hugely important we never forget that terrible war. I'd like to think that if ever my country was in such danger again I would do the same, but I don't think I have the courage that the men and women of the time had to both risk and lose their lives the way they did. Of course Armistice Day isn't a time only just to remember those who lost their lives in World War one, it's a time to remember those who have perished in later wars such as World War Two and of course the current wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. We shall never forget them.

So we thank them for their sacrifice and allowing us to who ever we are. We shall never forget!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!
WE SHALL NEVER FORGET!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#2  Edited By citizenkane

It will be a very sad day when the lat World War I veteran dies.  The war was different than any other.  Not just because the severe cruelty caused by the mix of 19th century tactics with 20th century technology, but also because, whether people want to believe it or not, nobody was really at fault.  The buildup had been brewing since the 1840s.  The war was going to happen sooner or later, it was just a matter of what spark would ignite the fire.  More attention needs to be paid to the Great War.  They deserve it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By artofwar420

I think a lot of people do forget, which is a shame.

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lifestrike

It is only a matter of time until no man, woman or child remembers the Old Wars.

Until then, the least we may do is remember that most sanguine exercise in tedium, World War 1.

As a lesson gleaned from this, we must remember, always, the sharp price that unchecked human developement exacts.