A cure for the hiccups...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Edited By gaminghooligan

Recently grabbed that game slender and started the long build up needed by a coward like me to play the game. It was this very morning that I awoke with what seemed to be an unending case of hiccups. This was the moment. I readied myself, prepared to have the hiccups shocked out of me. Missions success. Within 4 minutes of playing I was locked to the monitor the eerie soundtrack playing in my noise cancelling headset as I ventured to an abandoned truck near a large shipping crate. I hiccuped quietly from the tense fear that held me. I grabbed the third page, and as I turned noticed something odd about the red truck I had just examined. I realized that I was staring into the face of the slender-man. My hiccups were cured. What a game! So simple and totally free, it's a must try for anyone even mildly into the horror genre. Like amnesia the dark descent it's the terror of the unknown that makes this one so good, but unlike amnesia the short playtime gives this game a more powerful sense of terror than most horror games I've played. With the upcoming Machine for Pigs I feel like this is the direction the horror genre needs to lean towards. Taking a lot of the power away from the player and absorbing them into the overall experience.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gaminghooligan

Recently grabbed that game slender and started the long build up needed by a coward like me to play the game. It was this very morning that I awoke with what seemed to be an unending case of hiccups. This was the moment. I readied myself, prepared to have the hiccups shocked out of me. Missions success. Within 4 minutes of playing I was locked to the monitor the eerie soundtrack playing in my noise cancelling headset as I ventured to an abandoned truck near a large shipping crate. I hiccuped quietly from the tense fear that held me. I grabbed the third page, and as I turned noticed something odd about the red truck I had just examined. I realized that I was staring into the face of the slender-man. My hiccups were cured. What a game! So simple and totally free, it's a must try for anyone even mildly into the horror genre. Like amnesia the dark descent it's the terror of the unknown that makes this one so good, but unlike amnesia the short playtime gives this game a more powerful sense of terror than most horror games I've played. With the upcoming Machine for Pigs I feel like this is the direction the horror genre needs to lean towards. Taking a lot of the power away from the player and absorbing them into the overall experience.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cheesebob

I heard the best cure for hiccups is a finger up the arse

LD50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LD50

Hiccups cured, +1 for science. I played it and jumped at that same spot. Good use of tension.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Well, hiccups are when the fish part of your body takes over your respiratory system, so I imagine a steady diet of salt water and plankton should immediately fix it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gaminghooligan

@LD50: the worst I've had was turning a corner in the bathrooms. Had to take my headphones off for awhile. such a good game, and totally free

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

@Cheesebob said:

I heard the best cure for hiccups is a finger up the arse

Tried and tested.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Video_Game_King: can I trade the plankton for salmon and the saltwater for whiskey? that's my kinda diet

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

@gaminghooligan:

No! That's how you cure werebear.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

A bullet through the throat.

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By spartanlolz92

exhale all the air from your lungs then hold your breath. If there's no air you cant hiccup gets rid of it almost every time

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mtcantor

@spartanlolz92 said:

exhale all the air from your lungs then hold your breath. If there's no air you cant hiccup gets rid of it almost every time

Also works the other way around. Inhale until you can't inhale any more, swallow, inhale again, repeat. Works like a charm.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaLe

I can turn hiccups off just by thinking. I swear I'm not even joking or bragging. I wish there was some kind of explanation as to why I can do this.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mtcantor

@CaLe said:

I can turn hiccups off just by thinking. I swear I'm not even joking or bragging. I wish there was some kind of explanation as to why I can do this.

Worst mutant power ever.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gaminghooligan

@Video_Game_King: gotta contract some werebear....

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SexyToad
Here's what I used one day. It worked for me.

Edit: Oh wait, you don't have it anymore...

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clonedzero

i drink an entire glass of water without stopping. always works for me.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Ravenlight

@Video_Game_King: I think I may have inadvertently ingested some wereplankton while curing my hiccups. How do I cure that?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Ravenlight:

You have to eat a sperm whale from the inside out. The whale will cancel out the plankton. Sort of like an aquatic matter/anti-matter reaction.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#19  Edited By pyromagnestir

I use masturbation to cure all that ails me. Be it hiccups, depression, migraines, allergies, the common cold, flu, a fractured toe, halitosis, insomnia, carpal tunnel, boredom, starvation, alcoholism, fear of public speaking, someone raping me, etc...

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gaminghooligan

@pyromagnestir: question do you use this method before public speaking or during?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By pyromagnestir

@gaminghooligan: during for maximum benefits.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gaminghooligan

@pyromagnestir: genius.