A song I made inspired by Dead Space.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zebadee

I made a song which I thought would sound like something you would hear when the credits are rolling on Dead Space. I haven't completed the game yet so I wouldn't know.. :P Yeah I know a bit silly.. but I had Dead Space in mind at the time.

Sorry, i'm not the best guitarist in the world and the sound isn't studio quality. Just wondering what you think.

Avatar image for disabilityfishy
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Holy. f*cking. awesome.

Intro: Hell yes. No matter what, I will always love dual guitars. Don't change this. ever. Both guitars don't have to be doing the same thing :}
Riff: ReTarDedFisHy would play around with the riff a little more so it doesn't sound too overused, but sh*t, that was awesome bro :D
Solo: IMO the "craziness" level is perfect, TBH melody is a lot more important than the amount of notes you can play in a second.
The first half of the solo is perfect, but then it strays from the melody and kinda does it's own thing, you know what I mean?
Drums?: ReTarDedFisHy doesn't play drums :P
BT: That ambient sound in the back matches perfectly :)
Bridge: ReTarDedFisHy demands a bridge.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Black_Raven

That was great, when someone posts music that they made I never really have high expectations but that was really awesome. Nice job.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zebadee
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"Holy. f*cking. awesome.

Intro: Hell yes. No matter what, I will always love dual guitars. Don't change this. ever. Both guitars don't have to be doing the same thing :}
Riff: ReTarDedFisHy would play around with the riff a little more so it doesn't sound too overused, but sh*t, that was awesome bro :D
Solo: IMO the "craziness" level is perfect, TBH melody is a lot more important than the amount of notes you can play in a second.
The first half of the solo is perfect, but then it strays from the melody and kinda does it's own thing, you know what I mean?
Drums?: ReTarDedFisHy doesn't play drums :P
BT: That ambient sound in the back matches perfectly :)
Bridge: ReTarDedFisHy demands a bridge."
Yeah thanks man, I know what you mean about the second half of the solo, It was all improvised and near the end I was running out of ways to keep it with the melody.
And yeah Zebadee doesn't play drums either :P
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Yeah, haha. Try to get the second half harmonized :)
But this is great! Keep it up, man!

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bulldog19892

Damn, that was pretty good! Sweet noodling solo. What did you use to make it by the way? I'm trying to find stuff I can use to record my own songs, but I can;t find anything. The only songs I've ever managed to make are really shitty techno songs.

Edit: By the way I think the solo's pretty great, but then again my taste in music isn't exactly conventional.
(Mars Volta \m/ :P \m/)

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zebadee
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"Yeah, haha. Try to get the second half harmonized :)
But this is great! Keep it up, man!"
Do you record stuff yourself? I always have problems with recording the backing guitar, always sounds too hissy. I use a Line 6 Tonport UX2. 
For my backing guitar I record it twice and pan each track to left and right that way it makes it feel more "full" but even with the bass the guitars don't sound very powerful.
Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zebadee
Bulldog19892 said:
"Damn, that was pretty good! Sweet noodling solo. What did you use to make it by the way? I'm trying to find stuff I can use to record my own songs, but I can;t find anything. The only songs I've ever managed to make are really shitty techno songs.

Edit: By the way I think the solo's pretty great, but then again my taste in music isn't exactly conventional.
(Mars Volta \m/ :P \m/)"
I use a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with a free multitrack recorder called REAPER, the combination works really well. For the drums I use a plugin called Addictive Drums.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words :)
DisAbiLityFisHy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DisAbiLityFisHy

Zebadee said:

"Do you record stuff yourself? I always have problems with recording the backing guitar, always sounds too hissy. I use a Line 6 Tonport UX2. 
For my backing guitar I record it twice and pan each track to left and right that way it makes it feel more "full" but even with the bass the guitars don't sound very powerful."
Well, I'm not gonna lie to you,
I basically write the music and play it, along with my fellow guitarist.
We just basically play it, and then we leave the mixers to do the... mixing. We're not a professional band, we just get together :)
But it's not like I don't do my fair share of mixing :)
We basically do what you do, except sometimes we experiment when it doesn't sound "right".
A couple of times we recorded the backing guitars three times and laid them over each other, as well as panning them left and right; and that gave it a really "full" sound.
Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zebadee
ReTarDedFisHy said:
"

Zebadee said:

"Do you record stuff yourself? I always have problems with recording the backing guitar, always sounds too hissy. I use a Line 6 Tonport UX2. 
For my backing guitar I record it twice and pan each track to left and right that way it makes it feel more "full" but even with the bass the guitars don't sound very powerful."
Well, I'm not gonna lie to you,
I basically write the music and play it, along with my fellow guitarist.
We just basically play it, and then we leave the mixers to do the... mixing. We're not a professional band, we just get together :)
But it's not like I don't do my fair share of mixing :)
We basically do what you do, except sometimes we experiment when it doesn't sound "right".
A couple of times we recorded the backing guitars three times and laid them over each other, as well as panning them left and right; and that gave it a really "full" sound."
So you sometimes have a center backing as well? Hmm I might try that next time.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Milkman

Pretty nice, though it doesn't really fit Dead Space at all.