Air Combat

TarHeels2302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By TarHeels2302

The first game I played since getting a ps1 for the 2nd time in my life is Air Combat (Ace Combat). Never played any of these before so I was excited to play the first one. I try not to hate on an older game because of the graphics. Of course they are going to look bad. It's 17 years old! The only thing I thought was kind of funny was having every jet be the same color scheme when you bought it. I can imagine how crazy this would be today. Didn't take away from my enjoyment of this game that's for sure. Most people have played many of these types of games, but being a sports and first person shooter gamer for such a long time this was all new to me. The missions, though all were get to this target and destroy, seemed varied enough that I didn't get bored. The last mission or boss battle was bad ass even for an old game like this. Glad I got to check this one out! Already started on the next game: Battle Arena Toshinden! Check back soon.

TarHeels2302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TarHeels2302

The first game I played since getting a ps1 for the 2nd time in my life is Air Combat (Ace Combat). Never played any of these before so I was excited to play the first one. I try not to hate on an older game because of the graphics. Of course they are going to look bad. It's 17 years old! The only thing I thought was kind of funny was having every jet be the same color scheme when you bought it. I can imagine how crazy this would be today. Didn't take away from my enjoyment of this game that's for sure. Most people have played many of these types of games, but being a sports and first person shooter gamer for such a long time this was all new to me. The missions, though all were get to this target and destroy, seemed varied enough that I didn't get bored. The last mission or boss battle was bad ass even for an old game like this. Glad I got to check this one out! Already started on the next game: Battle Arena Toshinden! Check back soon.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@TarHeels2302: I've never played the original Air Combat, but from what you're saying about the color schemes they must have come a loooong way. I remember all the PS2 Ace Combats having multiple playthroughs incentivized with unlockable color schemes. Not only that, but they've come up with some craaazy color schemes...

No Caption Provided

Oh Namco...

Anyway, Battle Arena Toshinden really brings me back! I remember the Playstation disc came with its demo!

TarHeels2302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TarHeels2302

@EquitasInvictus: Yea that would add some replay value for sure. As far as Air Combat goes, everything looks like this...

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By lego_my_eggo

If you can you should try out Ace Combat 4 and zero, the best ace combat games are the ones with the crazy stories.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By EquitasInvictus

@Lego_My_Eggo: Zero was amazing -- its soundtrack was top-notch, too. I mean all the soundtracks for the Ace Combat games are consistently solid but I really liked the musical themes they used for Zero.

5 is nice and campy. Almost Macross-esque.