Any Skateboarders Out There? Favorite Skateboard Video Part?

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been skateboarding almost as long as i have been playing video games. Everyone has games or parts of games they remember fondly, but what about skateboard videos? I have a massive collection of skate videos across the 80`s,90`s and 2000's, here are a few of my favorite parts.

John Cardiel(ALL HAIL CARDIEL!!)- Sight Unseen(2000's)

My good friend Caswell Berry is a ripper and this part always gets me hyped.

Caswell Berry- Bonus Round(2000's)

East coast skating has always been so raw and my favorite east coast skater of all time......

Ricky Oyola- Underachievers-eastern exposure 3(1990's)

I hate,hate,hate, Nike SB, but Ishod is a ripper.

Ishod Wair-Some Bullshit chronicles vol. 2(2010's)

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess not. Well have some more skate video parts.

Natas Kaupas- Streets on Fire(1980's)

Loading Video...

Can't have a Natas part without having a Gonz part. Spike Jonze filmed and edited this part and the whole Video Days skate video.

Mark Gonzales- Video Days(1990's)

Loading Video...

Jason Lee(yes the actor)- A Visual Sound(1990's)

Loading Video...

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another day, another post of more classic skate video parts.

Andrew Reynolds- The End(1990's)

Loading Video...

Heath Kirchart- Sight Unseen(2000's)

Loading Video...

Ali Boulala- Sorry(2000's) It`s a shame he played a role in someones death and crippled himself in the process. The man was a ripper.

Loading Video...

Shane Cross- Let's Live(2000's) Shane Cross died in 2007 in a motorcycle accident. Ali Boulala was driving and both Ali and Shane were drunk. Shane was 20 years old. Don't drink and drive kids.

Loading Video...

triplestan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By triplestan

Can I just say I really love you posting these? I'm patently awful at skateboarding but I love skateboarding videos, so this thread is great!

Probably like a lot of people on this website, the Tony Hawk games were my first exposure to skateboarding, and I remember the videos you unlocked in that game along with my brother's friend's copy of Mullen Vs. Song Round 2 cemented Rodney Mullen as my favorite skater for a really long time.

I'll plumb the depths of my Youtube history for some current favorites, but for now here's my copout contribution.

Loading Video...

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad you like it. I am not nearly as good as i used to be at skateboarding, but i still love every minute i get to skate. I am content just carving the snake run at Derby.

The early Tony Hawk games were great. I remember playing the hell out of the THPS 1 demo on a old PS Underground disc. At the time i had a cousin who worked at Blockbuster video and scored me a copy of it a month before it was to be released. I was super stoked.

Good video choice. I love Mega64.

Can I just say I really love you posting these? I'm patently awful at skateboarding but I love skateboarding videos, so this thread is great!

Probably like a lot of people on this website, the Tony Hawk games were my first exposure to skateboarding, and I remember the videos you unlocked in that game along with my brother's friend's copy of Mullen Vs. Song Round 2 cemented Rodney Mullen as my favorite skater for a really long time.

I'll plumb the depths of my Youtube history for some current favorites, but for now here's my copout contribution.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for salmon_of_atlas
salmon_of_atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Heath all day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just Gleaming of the cube over here.

flexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really loved solo jazz when it came out.

Loading Video...
theanticitizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have the link on me(on iPad atm) but I will always recommend Rodney Mullen vs Daewon Song. Incredible series

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VFL83

I figured today i would post some Rodney vs Daewon parts.

Part 1- Rodney's part with the Doors song blows me away every time i see it.

Loading Video...

Round 2

Loading Video...

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another brand bites the dust. R.I.P. Fallen Footwear. Fuck Nike SB, New Balance, Converse, Adidas.

Chris Cole- Fallen Footwear "Ride The Sky" Video

Loading Video...

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geoff Rowley- Flip "Sorry"(2002) Dudes like Natas, Gonz, Pat Duffy, Danny Way, Jason Lee helped shape street skateboarding in the late 80`s/early 90`s, but guys like Tom Penny and Geoff Rowley redefined what was possible.

Loading Video...

Tom Penny- ES "Menikmati" (2000) A compilation of footage of Tom over the years. Style for miles.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always been a big fan of this one:

Loading Video...

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cliche I know, but anything Mullen related.

But hey... I'm 40 years old ffs.

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress: Nothing wrong with liking Mullen. No denying his influence of street skating.

@yummytreesap:One of the greatest parts ever. It's no wonder it won video part of the year when it came out.

VFL83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marc Johnson- Seven Steps To Heaven(1996) The footage at San Jose High tugs on my heart strings, cause i went to that school for half a school year, and skated at that school, every day. Jason Adams had a vans ad that he shot at that school too.

Loading Video...

Wade Speyer- DTS Video(1991) One of the first dudes to grind hubba hideout(2:10 mark). Between Wade and John Cardiel(who is also in this video) they were the Nor-Cal all terrain rippers, destroying anything in their path(stairs,rails, ledges, tranny, vert, etc.)

Loading Video...