Anyone Have Ancient UK Ancestry?

spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spudtastic

I'm looking for peeps that can go back 175+ years (with paperwork) Derry, Northern Ireland, Truro-Torquay-Plymouth,Birmingham, Lancaster are the places that would really 'float my boat'.I have enuf that the pay-for websites wouldn't do me much good.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By crusader8463

No clue. My last name is Totton on my fathers side and Hodgin on my mothers. I think they go back to a combination of Ireland, Scotland and the surrounding area. Maybe even a bit of German. I have never looked into it or cared enough to pay one of the ridiculous sites to look though.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MysteriousBob

Probably. Because I'm English. Well- half.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

I'm English so I would probably say so. I havent really traced my family back though, just back to the 1800's. 

I'm from Chester which was a Roman fortress back in the day (Used to be called Deva, maybe people who have played Rome total war would recognise it, it was one of the 3 British cities) so maybe I have some ancient roman in me.... idk  

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

As far back as my family tree goes, it doesn't trace much further than a century back, I think 5 generations on my fathers side. My last name is common on both sides of my family. I'm 1/8 Scottish, meaning one of my great grandparents were Scottish, but apart from that all of my family as far back as it is traceable were English. 

Also, username with spud represent.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

My dad's side is from southern ireland...

and my mom's mexican... 

So no...

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By alternate
@Doctorchimp said:
" My dad's side is from southern ireland... and my mom's mexican...  So no... "
I bet you ate a lot of chilli jacket potatoes growing up. :D
David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By David

My dad is from London even though I was born in Finland so I'm Finnish as well as English. He traced the Abbott family back in England to the Macnab clan in Scotland. I don't know much more though.

Wikipedia:

Septs of Clan Macnab include:

• Abbot
  • Abbott
  • Abbotson
joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

Got Irish ancestry, but I'm also Italian and German.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JP_Russell

Probably.  I don't really know what my ancestry is.  The extent of my knowledge about my ethnic makeup is pretty much just "American white dude."  I think I've heard of Irish being up my family line somewhere.  And I remember hearing one of my great grandparents or something was of some obscure European ethnicity that I'd never even heard of.  I'd be surprised, really, if I didn't have ancestors from the UK region somewhere a couple hundred years back or something.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson

Just Cornish. Seriously, grandparents, upon grandparents, upon grandparents etc. back. People in my family were miners! Miners! I was born in Truro like most people down here as well, if that "floats your boat".

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JBird

yeah i do. My uncle spent a year or 2 doing a family tree. Its intersting enough but i think he's been a bit picky and choosy on it. Although saying that is totally useless seeing as i have no copy of it. But, yes, as far as i believe i do.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Gizmo

I know enough about my grandfathers side of the family to know that his family originates from a small town in East Anglia, U.K, and was very likely, related to Abraham Lincoln. 

I'm a British citizen by the way.