Audio Setup Question

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I have a HDTV with really bad audio, and I would like to change my setup so that I can receive audio from multiple sources at the same time without using the TV speakers. Here is the setup:

• 5.1 surround system going to PC
  • PC connected to TV over HDMI, audio disabled.
  • Every game console you can think of connect to HDTV via HDMI, mostly.

Using a splitter I can send the audio to the TV, and set the TV to use an external speaker system meaning everything connected to the TV sends audio through the 5.1, however, I can only hear one source at the same time. I want to be able to get audio from my PC even if I'm on my PS4 so I can watch videos on my second monitor (VGA) while I use another system.

How can I do this?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

You would need an audio mixer to plug everything into. You will probably be able to get one that suits your needs for 50 bucks second hand if you shop around.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

you need a mixer if you want to mix signals together

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: @corruptedevil: I guess I've always associated mixers with video/audio editing. What inputs/outputs would I need for PC audio and to get audio from a TV? No idea what I'm looking for.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi
@alistercat said:

I guess I've always associated mixers with video/audio editing. What inputs/outputs would I need for PC audio and to get audio from a TV? No idea what I'm looking for.

Most old and cheap mixers use RCA only, but if you are willing to shell out the dough you can get one that has HDMI input and output and VGA input.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

for what you are trying to accomplish. id stay cheap on this one. most current affordable mixers have at least xlr rca and 1/4 with eq and other options. look into Behringer.

something like this which can be had for around $60

No Caption Provided

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers