Broke.... but Brotherhood

MechaDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MechaDan

One of the most pressing dilemas to face college-aged gamers now and days: that hot, new release but the sudden lack of funds to support your filthy, filthy gaming habit. What do you do? Sell blood, plasma, or sperm? Tempting, oh so tempting but no. I've got a copy of Demon Souls and Asassins Creed 2 that I can throw at my local non-franchise game store, but I don't think that would cover it all. 

So, I ask you, GiantBomb people who will take pity on a this new user: What do you to afford that new game? 

MechaDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MechaDan

One of the most pressing dilemas to face college-aged gamers now and days: that hot, new release but the sudden lack of funds to support your filthy, filthy gaming habit. What do you do? Sell blood, plasma, or sperm? Tempting, oh so tempting but no. I've got a copy of Demon Souls and Asassins Creed 2 that I can throw at my local non-franchise game store, but I don't think that would cover it all. 

So, I ask you, GiantBomb people who will take pity on a this new user: What do you to afford that new game? 

Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mrskidders

I have a friend that owns a chain of indie shops whos daughter I am godfather to.  Haven't paid for a game for 3 years now.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

Why not just join a subscription service like Boomerang or Lovefilm (Or Gamefly I think if you live in America)? Makes so much more sense.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Go borrow your moms best dress, put on some lipstick and shave those legs and pits then get on the corner. 

If that's out of the question, ask friends and family if they have odd jobs you can do for them until you can earn enough. Other then that, sell your old games and hope for the best. 

Check out sites like kijiji.ca to see if people are into trading games.

TheJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheJohn

How 'bout getting a job?
And I don't mean it in a snarky, shitty way. Most big(ger) towns and cities have an area where unskilled, able-bodied people can get short time jobs. Usually at the docks, around a trainyard or large truckstop. You know, where people need other people to carry their stuff. It's not secure enough to feed your family, but if all you need is money for games and nachos it should be perfect. Show up early in the morning and just ask around. And if you're a good worker, you can bet someone will take your phone number and give you a heads up whenever they need an extra hand.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Marcsman

@crusader8463
said:
"Go borrow your moms best dress, put on some lipstick and shave those legs and pits then get on the corner.   If that's out of the question, ask friends and family if they have odd jobs you can do for them until you can earn enough. Other then that, sell your old games and hope for the best.   Check out sites like kijiji.ca to see if people are into trading games. "
Here you go now get on your knees!!!!! 
Say you got a purty smile boy.
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mrskidders
@Marcsman: I will suck your dick for that pen, I can't find one anywhere in the house and I have shit to write down.
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marcsman

Uh I'll pass for sure.
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By fwylo

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By dtat

I hate selling off old games. But if you've got no other options, I think that's your best bet.

MechaDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MechaDan
@TheJohn: Truth, I have a job and I do have money but I sometimes need to spend it on other things. Gas, food, rent, internet, cellphone, beer, etc. So after all that. I usually don't have much left over.  

And, as for my mom's best dress. The blue one, or the red one?
Avatar image for deactivated-616d38c07628a
deactivated-616d38c07628a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude.............the red one

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MikkaQ

I rented it, so I can take my time with it, but still not have the burden of buying it. I've already bought like 4 games in the last two-three weeks, the holiday releases always fucks up my wallet like nothing else.