Calling all people who watched the complete series of Fringe

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, I need you guys help on something. I've watched 2 1/2 seasons of Fringe and it's getting kinda icky for my taste. To avoid the spoilers, let's just say it's the part where the final resolution will be decided by personal relationship.

Now I didn't like how Lost ends. The writers think the show is all about the people while I thought it's all about the island.

So the question is should I plough through the rest of the series to see the big payoff or...read everything on the wikipedia and start something else instead?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely loved Fringe. The later seasons are still very good as well. I'd stick with it, it's a great show.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

It's been a while, but I recall being quite pleased with the ending to Fringe.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Fringe is one of my favorite shows to come out of the last decade. Despite its recurring issues (every damn season starts really slowly), there are probably about 20 truly fantastic episodes out of the 100 it had during its run. 8 or 9 of those are from the third season.

You should absolutely at least watch through the end of season 3. I think the second half of that season is really excellent. I enjoyed the hell out of the whole show, but it does have its problems. If you don't feel like you really need to see everything after that, you could probably skip seasons 4 and 5. 5 is a half season, and is tonally very different from the rest of the show. I do think they end the show well (but then, I thought the ending to LOST was totally fine. It was always a show about characters over plot).

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Fringe was fantastic and only got better and better over time. Unlike Lost I felt like Fringe ended perfectly.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Fringe changes the type of show it is completely past like the 2nd or so season or something like that. It turns more into a crazy sci-fi thing that focuses a lot on alternate universes/timetravel/stuff like that rather than the strange mystery weird detective thingo it was. The ending seemed pretty good and i remember that they tie up most if not all of the loose ends and answer almost everything. Also a bunch of pretty awesome stuff happens in the later episodes that you might want to see. There were a few twists that were kinda dumb though.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

Fringe is awesome and we were lucky enough for it to be given a proper ending when it actually ended. I'd say you should watch it all (well, except for a few episodes here and there) but I'm biased. The fourth season is okay, but not the best one, and the fifth season is almost a different show (maybe one too tailored towards fans of the show at that point, but with no possibility of renewal that wasn't a bad decision).

I don't want to spoil things unnecessarily, but if you're already unsure I figure I should at least mention it. At one point there's an event that seems to retcon a huge amount of the show, which will probably be confusing if not annoying. Unlike Battlestar Galactica, though, the cylons writers did actually have a plan - or at least, it's not just lazy writing. And since you mentioned it - this show is definitely about the people, but I don't see that as a bad thing.

Anyway, I'm going to go and watch White Tulip again.

Geralt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow...6-0 votes. All right, let's continue into the rabbit hole then.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was dissapointed with the last few seasons and was probably most bothered by the lack of "Monster-of-the-week" episodes within them, as the series just continued to focus on the main plot. But eh, at least those still have Walter in them. He's pretty much the main reason for why I began to watch the series.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I would class it as one of my favourite shows ever. The only problem with the show is that it was clearly affected by the uncertainty over its renewal, especially in the later series where the overall plot begins to get a little disjointed between seasons. But, still it's really, really good.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Fringe was a pretty cool show. They really went for it, particularly in the last season. Sometimes it was awesome, sometimes it was pretty cheesy, but man, they went for it. The ending was quite good. I cried.