Calling it: Vin Diesel as Kingpin in Daredevil reboot.

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If you don't know what I'm referring to, go here.

Plus the Daredevil rights went back to Disney because Fox never made a sequel.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

But... This is Brah-zil.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines
Loading Video...

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By oraknabo

I think the whole Marvel reboot thing is really funny. They've been lucky enough to have more successes than flops recently, but it's funny how fast they abandon a movie and start rebooting it. I saw the new Wolverine movie trailer today and it basically says at the beginning "sure the last one was shit, but this is the Wolverine movie you really wanted".

Granted, it's not quite a "reboot" because Jackman's in it, but it seems similar to the attitude they had about Hulk. I personally liked the Ang Lee Hulk actually more than the one with Edward Norton, but enough people bitched that they would rather pretend it never existed than just try to improve in a sequel. Now, with Avengers, we've had 3 different Bruce Banners, all played by completely different actors.

Also, with Amazing Spider-Man, they managed a reboot that was nowhere as good as the original. I'll agree that it's not going to be hard to top Daredeveil or Electra with newer movies, but would it have been impossible to just make anothe Daredevil movie with different actors that was decent? I'm surprised while vampires have been popular that we haven't seen a Blade reboot as well--or are they already working on that?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@oraknabo said:

I think the whole Marvel reboot thing is really funny. They've been lucky enough to have more successes than flops recently, but it's funny how fast they abandon a movie and start rebooting it. I saw the new Wolverine movie trailer today and it basically says at the beginning "sure the last one was shit, but this is the Wolverine movie you really wanted".

Granted, it's not quite a "reboot" because Jackman's in it, but it seems similar to the attitude they had about Hulk. I personally liked the Ang Lee Hulk actually more than the one with Edward Norton, but enough people bitched that they would rather pretend it never existed than just try to improve in a sequel. Now, with Avengers, we've had 3 different Bruce Banners, all played by completely different actors.

Also, with Amazing Spider-Man, they managed a reboot that was nowhere as good as the original. I'll agree that it's not going to be hard to top Daredeveil or Electra with newer movies, but would it have been impossible to just make anothe Daredevil movie with different actors that was decent? I'm surprised while vampires have been popular that we haven't seen a Blade reboot as well--or are they already working on that?

Marvel Studios had nothing to do with those films beyond stamping their name on it. Fox makes X-Men, Sony makes Spider-Man, Marvel Studios makes the Avenger movies.(They recently re-aquired the rights to Daredevil, hence the reboot to add to the Avengers universe.)

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#6  Edited By Little_Socrates
SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Be really really great if he had a bigger role than in just one movie. If he was a villain and it continued on into Avengers 2, even if he's not the main one, I will be even more anticipated for it.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I thought it was for his supposed role as Black Panther in Guardians of the Galaxy?.

I don't even know about any of that, really.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By TheHT

Oh man, Disney got the movie rights? I really wish Spider-Man would get the Marvel Studios treatment.

The Amazing Spider-Man was not very good. In fact it was quite terrible. That's right, in fact.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not quite sure I see it. Plus there's a billion supervillains in the Marvel Universe that got the generic bald guy makeover a la Bendis, and a bunch of them are in Daredevil's wheelhouse too. Could easily see him playing someone like Gladiator (not the X-Men character) instead.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think with that "action hero" type of deal going on with his career that he would settle for being a villain. That's all I can bet on.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

They are going to do a reboot of Daredevil? Why the hell would they do that?

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Does this mean Kingpin is looking for a job?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope he doesn't look weird as the villain, like how Jamie Fox looks weird as Electro.

Loading Video...

djhicks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Well, Black Panther is black. Vin Diesel isn't.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

@djhicks1 said:

@blu3v3nom07: Well, Black Panther is black. Vin Diesel isn't.

Well. technically he is partially black.

Anyway, the rumor is that he's going to play The Vision in Avengers 2, since he expressed interest in that role awhile ago.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@onekillwonder_: Not to mention the dozen, unsubtle Vision references he and Marvel execs make whenever talking about the matter.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@djhicks1: Vin Diesel is actually half (or quarter, i forget) black. Not even making that shit up. He used to rock a black fro when he was a teenager.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

This is like a chocolate peanut butter situation for me.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Hope he doesn't look weird as the villain, like how Jamie Fox looks weird as Electro.

Loading Video...

I was skeptical upon hearing that he'd be playing Electro, but seeing the teaser and pictures, I kind of dig the choice. Good job, VFX/makeup departments!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falserelic

@bbalpert: I'm still abit skeptical about Jamie Foxx playing Electro, but I have to see more footage of him in action, before I make my judgement.

Also Rhino will be in the movie too.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Nah, I think he'll be playing an integral character to the Avengers roster, most likely Vision but he did have a picture of him standing in front of an Avengers poster that focused primarily on Hank Pym aka Ant-Man/Giant Man.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@deranged: I'm pretty sure Edgar Wright all but has Simon Pegg locked down for Ant Man, unless scheduling doesn't work out. (Ant Man is the first Marvel movie coming out after Avengers 2, in 2015).

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I can't see any other scenario other than Vin Diesel and The Rock being Avengers members in Avengers 3. The Rock can be Luke Cage just like he's been talking about on Twitter and Vin Diesel can be another character.

Surely he'd be wasted as Kingpin just to reboot Daredevil.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged: I'm pretty sure Edgar Wright all but has Simon Pegg locked down for Ant Man, unless scheduling doesn't work out. (Ant Man is the first Marvel movie coming out after Avengers 2, in 2015).

Yeah, the infamous duo of Wright and Pegg. I love those guys but I just can't see Simon playing Pym.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No no no. He's gonna be the Vision in Avengers 2

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But... This is Brah-zil.

Yeah, this man knows what he's talking about.

But yeah, he's totally gonna be Vision. He's been hinting at it, and they just revealed that Avengers 2 is about Ultron. It only makes sense.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Vin Diesel wouldn't make sense as Kingpin. He's to tiny. I mean the one right thing they did with it was that they had Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin. Ya, Kingpin isnt black in the comics but he is a big guy.

It's hard to find an actor that's big and burly like that and can act though. We'll see how that goes.

If there ever was a movie that should be rebooted it's definitely Daredevil.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@deranged said:

@wrighteous86 said:

Yeah, the infamous duo of Wright and Pegg. I love those guys but I just can't see Simon playing Pym.

I believe Scott Lang will be the primary Ant-Man in the film and Hank will just be in the 1960s prologue. It's one of the reasons why Stark will be the creator of Ultron in Avengers 2.

Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Scott Lang will be the primary Ant-Man in the film.

Interesting... I've heard rumours they were pairing up Janet and Hank for the film. Any proof that they might be choosing Lang?

AgnosticJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard Vin Diesel is supposed to play Vision in the Avengers 2.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged: Edgar Wright has stated dozens of times over the years that the film will have two Ant-Men, one in the 60s and one in the present. The fact that Pym won't be involved with Ultron just makes it more concrete.