Can you help me identify the NES cartridges in this baseball analyst's background?

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Fistoh
No Caption Provided

The game on top looks like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out to me, and the third from the top looks like a Super Mario Bros. cart sans Duck Hunt. The other two I have no idea.

Side note, my man has some pretty slick music taste

EDITFun fact about this image, both the sports matches featured on the lower third ended up being nail-biter comeback victories in extra time! Wowzers!

MikeOTron1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think the second one is RC Pro-am.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I can now cross Jeff Passan off my GB forums bingo card.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Definitely Tyson and RC Pro AM for the top two.

Fluidk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fluidk

The space between the last chunk of text on the fourth cart seems to suggest that the last bit of text is a number. Adventure Island 3 could be a POSSIBLE match, but I don’t feel strongly about it.

https://bitgameshop.com/adventure-island-3-nes-8-bit-72-pins-game-cartridge-card/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwppSEBhCGARIsANIs4p5baf0vxtX_rjMuXjWiF7oR4fGoI6Nclnx8ivdC1kSpih_BP6iH5ScaArh9EALw_wcB

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I recall Jeff Passan talking about this background. When they starting working from home the ESPN folks asked Passan what he was into and had this background set up for him. I could be wrong but I think I remember him saying something to that effect.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima:Baseball season is upon us!

I think I recall Jeff Passan talking about this background. When they starting working from home the ESPN folks asked Passan what he was into and had this background set up for him. I could be wrong but I think I remember him saying something to that effect.

Whether or not it's actually his stuff, I imagine he had to have had some input, though all the albums are big enough on their own that it could be just a random selection.

Psygnosis911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Psygnosis911

Top to bottom:

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

R.C. Pro-Am

Super Mario Bros.

Fourth one I'm not sure

twins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bottom one might be RBI Baseball. The color is right and it would fit his baseball analyst motif he's got going on.

The bit out to the right isn't a number but the red stripe that continues up from the front image.

http://bootgod.dyndns.org:7777/profile.php?id=656

twins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

artist's rendering

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twins: the legend! I had been looking at baseball games trying to figure it out and I forgot that RBI had a grey cart version.

Something inside me is very happy that a copy of RBI baseball was on national television though.

JeffPassan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

twins nailed it.

And everything in the background is real. Still got those NES games and the system from my childhood. The console is from 1986 and still works.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeffpassan: if this is actually jeff I'd love to know the sequence of events that led to him making an account to respond to this thread.

I'd also love to know what the records between Evil Empire and Dark Side are