Core i7's a little more expensive than I thought...

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By darkgoth678

By a post on the Tom's Hardware's news feed, I expected the chepest Corei7 processor (i believe the 920) to be around $300 ($299 maybe) but in the TigerDirect catalog i get in the mail yesterday, just flipping through, oh letscheck out what they have new this mon- HOLY SHIT!!! I literaly had to blink when i saw that they had the Intel LGA1366 X58 boards there and the Core i7s, when they're not even on their site. But i was a little disapointed when i saw that the Corei7 920 was $329 and the X58 board (expecting around $150) turned out to be a $300 board. That board didn't even have 6 slots like the GIGABYTE board did so i was kind of bumbed that my next-gen rig is coing to be quite a bit more expensive than i though.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

By a post on the Tom's Hardware's news feed, I expected the chepest Corei7 processor (i believe the 920) to be around $300 ($299 maybe) but in the TigerDirect catalog i get in the mail yesterday, just flipping through, oh letscheck out what they have new this mon- HOLY SHIT!!! I literaly had to blink when i saw that they had the Intel LGA1366 X58 boards there and the Core i7s, when they're not even on their site. But i was a little disapointed when i saw that the Corei7 920 was $329 and the X58 board (expecting around $150) turned out to be a $300 board. That board didn't even have 6 slots like the GIGABYTE board did so i was kind of bumbed that my next-gen rig is coing to be quite a bit more expensive than i though.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Black_Raven

Yeah they cost heaps, I was looking for a new mobo afew weeks ago and when i heard about the new intel processors I thought I would have a look at the prices of X58 based motherboards and when I saw the price I knew there was no way I could afford that and the cpu.

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By darkgoth678

well the chepest X58 board i've seen now are the MSI ones for around $285, which is still expensive for a board but in the grand scheme of things one feels weird paying the some price or more for the processor than it's board.