Did you see Mockingjay Part 2? Also your thoughts?

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

It was a good finale but man did the ending drag on. Also that was the most violent PG-13 YA movie I have ever seen.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I've read those books and I gotta say each one was worse than the one before it. Did it end like the books do where Peeta is all brainwashed and hates Katniss, then they go to the Capitol, fight some mutants in the sewers and finally kill snow only to realize that the rebel president is going to be just as bad so Katniss kills her but they let her off the hook because she was a hero - then she lives out her life alone.

Or at least thats more or less how I remember it. Man I was so bummed out by those novels.. back then I wasn't really aware of the whole Young Adult subsection and thought the premise sounded so interesting. It took me about half of the first book to realize something was weirdly off. Unfortunately I have this horrible tendency to want to know how things end so I read the next two novels and yah, they were not great.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@humanity said:

I've read those books and I gotta say each one was worse than the one before it. Did it end like the books do where Peeta is all brainwashed and hates Katniss, then they go to the Capitol, fight some mutants in the sewers and finally kill snow only to realize that the rebel president is going to be just as bad so Katniss kills her but they let her off the hook because she was a hero - then she lives out her life alone.

Yes, but Snow doesn't die before the new President (Katniss uses Snow's execution as a chance to kill her) and Katniss lives out the rest of her life with Peeta after they both got off scott free for their crimes.

I hadn't read the books but I liked it. The earlier stuff was definitely better but I wasn't disappointed with it as a conclusion. Except for the random fantasy mutant things. They were totally out of place.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I enjoyed it. I think The Hunger Games is an interesting example of a series where the movies are superior to the books, just due to the odd perspective the books are written in that I don't really care for.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By cmblasko

Yes, though I haven't read the books. I enjoyed it, but yeah there are definitely some slow parts. Peeta is the most annoying character and he has a stupid name. I will echo a sentiment I heard in a Red Letter Media video at some point that Jennifer Lawrence always looks like a young woman playing dress up when acting. She is a fine actress but it is hard for me to take her seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@cmblasko said:

Yes, though I haven't read the books. I enjoyed it, but yeah there are definitely some slow parts. Peeta is the most annoying character and he has a stupid name. I will echo a sentiment I heard in a Red Letter Media video at some point that Jennifer Lawrence always looks like a young woman playing dress up when acting. She is a fine actress but it is hard for me to take her seriously.

Yeah it's really feels that way in Silver Linings Playbook, especially since she is playing the widowed love interest of a much older Bradley Cooper. That said I think she is a great actress and Winter's Bone in one of my favorite movies.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catching Fire was easily the best movie in the series imo, and Mockingjay Part 2 was my least favorite but I don't think it was BAD, necessarily. Poor Peeta was having a real hard time that whole movie, and that was the only thing that got my eyes teary.

Though I did wonder if I would have felt more of an impact if I didn't already know who was going to die. Also the epilogue was ABSOLUTE TRASH. Everyone in my theater laughed while Katniss monologued to the fakest looking baby in the universe.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Hehe...Winters Bone... *Ahem* I liked it way better than Part 1 to the degree that I feel Part 1 was kinda pointless, overall though I felt like it ended the series in a satisfying way watching her drop an arrow into Coin was pretty satisfying I was just disappointed that when she was on fire after getting blown up that she didn't stand on top of that van while her clothes burned off revealing the Mockingjay outfit and her leading the charge on the Capital having it skip that whole thing kinda took the wind out my sails but still like it.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was drunk and my girlfriend cried (completely unrelated I promise).

The only other movie in the series I saw was the first one so I spent the whole time just being confused. It wasn't as bad as I've come to expect of movie adaptations of young adult novels.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I never read the books. The first movie was ok, the second really good, but Mocking Jay part 1 was a disappointment and killed any interest I had in seeing this to its conclusion.